• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

LH2.4 turbo ecu/ezk pn compatibility

iHateVolvoPeople

Alright I know there's countless threads with this info. I'm wanting to know which ecus from a turbo car will be plug and play with my 93 240. Part numbers would be helpful. I searched this link http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=100225 and it seems that 56x series would be a good idea, reliable. Also 92x-98x should work. And what ignition computers work? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

the 98x ECU's were not sold in the US, even then many here run them without issues. They have basic support for ODBII and actually work very goodl.

Otherwise the 'best' ECU most would say 967 as the best model ECU sold in US spec cars.

From what I have experienced the 56x are the most common to failure that I have seen.

the 98x ECU's were not sold in the US, even then many here run them without issues. They have basic support for ODBII and actually work very goodl.

Otherwise the 'best' ECU most would say 967 as the best model ECU sold in US spec cars.

From what I have experienced the 56x are the most common to failure that I have seen.

Well I don't want failure, so I'll keep an eye out for a 967, which is plug and play..? Also, for the ignition computer is it the same part number?

After a little more research, wouldn't the ecu and ezk I have right now (93 lh2.4) be the white label? So I can eliminate and 5xx series ecu's.

Last edited:
I thought you wanted Turbo ECU and EZK?

I've seen white label 951 NA ECU's. I'd get 937 or 954 or 967 for the fuel ECU. For the ignition EZK box I'd get a 148 non-EGR one or any chippable EZK box and put supped up chip in it.

I thought you wanted Turbo ECU and EZK?

I've seen white label 951 NA ECU's. I'd get 937 or 954 or 967 for the fuel ECU. For the ignition EZK box I'd get a 148 non-EGR one or any chippable EZK box and put supped up chip in it.

Wait..I do want the turbo ecu and ezk..lol and can I leave it non chipped?

Yeah if you don't want to put a chip in the ignition box then get a stock 148 turbo EZK. For the fuel all the ECU's are chippable so that doesn't matter. You do have to add the resistor box to the NA harness if using stock turbo injectors as those are low impedance.

Yeah if you don't want to put a chip in the ignition box then get a stock 148 turbo EZK. For the fuel all the ECU's are chippable so that doesn't matter. You do have to add the resistor box to the NA harness if using stock turbo injectors as those are low impedance.

I'm probably going to use high impedance injectors:) what are some of the high impedance injectors for that matter..green tops..? idunno

A 954 or 967 will be the latest versions of the turbo ECUs for the US market.

Are either of those OBDII? I don't want OBDII, I'd like a plug n play ecu to take the spot of my 951. Or can I just leave the 951? I was under the impression that a 951, being 2.4 and all, is a learner and could learn with the boost. True or not?

951 ECU is a NON turbo ECU. If you are going turbo, you need a turbo one. OBDII is 984 only and they didn't come in this country. I use a 984 but I put a 967 chip in it and works fine that way. The real problem with 984 is it has an immobilizer key deal and won't work stock in any USA car..

951 ECU is a NON turbo ECU. If you are going turbo, you need a turbo one. OBDII is 984 only and they didn't come in this country. I use a 984 but I put a 967 chip in it and works fine that way. The real problem with 984 is it has an immobilizer key deal and won't work stock in any USA car..

sheeeiitt..But since mine is chippable couldn't I adapt it to see boost? You know what. idc, I'm getting a (I think) 963?

I have put a turbo chip in a 951 and it did work, but the check engine light stayed on, but this was in a 740. I was just testing to see if it would work. I'd get a turbo ECU..

I have put a turbo chip in a 951 and it did work, but the check engine light stayed on, but this was in a 740. I was just testing to see if it would work. I'd get a turbo ECU..

That's the plan. Where can I find out if it's a turbo ecu or not? And does the ignition computer also have to be a turbo ignition computer?
I've been going by this http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=100225 but I'm not sure how reliable it is lol

I'm going to probably pick up a 954. What about the ignition computer?

A 148, 149 or 207 will work. Those are all LH 2.4 turbo EZKs. The 149 and 207 are both out of EGR equipped vehicles and will trigger a check engine code if you do not have EGR hooked up. They will work fine without the EGR system hooked up. The 148 is a non-EGR EZK and will not trigger a code whether you have EGR or not, since it isn't looking for any EGR components. The 207 is the best of those three EZKs due to processor speed and the fact it can be chipped.

A 148, 149 or 207 will work. Those are all LH 2.4 turbo EZKs. The 149 and 207 are both out of EGR equipped vehicles and will trigger a check engine code if you do not have EGR hooked up. They will work fine without the EGR system hooked up. The 148 is a non-EGR EZK and will not trigger a code whether you have EGR or not, since it isn't looking for any EGR components. The 207 is the best of those three EZKs due to processor speed and the fact it can be chipped.

Is there a way I can bypass it so no check engine light comes on? I guess I could pull the bulb lol. I'll look for a 148

If you put a non EGR chip into the EZK it will not throw a code.

And as said above you can run a turbo ECU chip in a non turbo ECU but besides the check engine light others have said it does run a little off.

Best thing to do is use a turbo ECU.

For the EZK if can be a turbo or n/a EZK and then just chip it with a stock non EGR EZK chip or aftermarket chip and that will make it turbo and non EGR.

Back