• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

thelostartof LH 2.4 Chip Feedback Thread

hi there I am interested in your chips but I cant seem to contact you via message can u tell me how much they are posted to the uk thanks

Is it possible that the fuel chips prevent diagnostic code readers from being able read the ECU codes?
The code reader I built works for EZK and ABS systems but not the ECU. It's more likely that I just built the reader badly but wanted to ask anyway.

Is it possible that the fuel chips prevent diagnostic code readers from being able read the ECU codes?
The code reader I built works for EZK and ABS systems but not the ECU. It's more likely that I just built the reader badly but wanted to ask anyway.

I seem to have this problem but don't have any chips as yet, could be minor white marks on the board or a duff unit.

http://europartshouse.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=14

Mike, do your chips utilize the cold start injector (5th injector) on cars that have them? Or are they rendered useless with the chip?

Also, do you recommend resetting the ecu when the car stalls and possibly throws a code? My ODBI light is burnt out (getting another one soon) so I cant check codes, but pretty sure it'll store a code if it stalls from too low idle speed.

Thanks,

the OEM code reader works fine with the chips

Mike, do your chips utilize the cold start injector (5th injector) on cars that have them? Or are they rendered useless with the chip?

Also, do you recommend resetting the ecu when the car stalls and possibly throws a code? My ODBI light is burnt out (getting another one soon) so I cant check codes, but pretty sure it'll store a code if it stalls from too low idle speed.

Thanks,
If the CSI is there then it will work, if it is not there then it will be fine.

If it stalls out for whatever reason it will not throw a code unless it was something that failed that caused it to stall (causing a code). If say it is running a bit rich and stalls, or you have a vac leak and it stalls good chances there will be no code so no reason to reset.

Ok, thanks.

I will unplug the harness connector to the CSI as it'll probably save me a little fuel in the long run. Seems to use a lot at startup and I doubt it'll have that much trouble starting without the CSI even in -20 weather. We'll see. I assume the CSI is 'full open' for a few seconds each cold start.

Also, that's good to hear. My idle speed is a little low and the ICV has a little trouble keeping up, so I need to fabricate a limit stop for the idle speed adjust screw (it's a 960tb welded onto a ported 940 intake manifold) as it hits nothing and idles a little too low (about 550 rpm) so that's why it stalled.

Thanks dude. Other than that the car is working well. A little rich up top but that's something I'll fine tune with wideband.

My 1990 245 +t just passed denver emissions by a large margin with Mikes chips installed [fuel and ignition] running 10 psi, B cam, and a brand new MagnaFlow cat.

Lost art of easily purchasing chips

Mystery Mike ...maybe its me , but I seem to be having a hard time finding out where the Chippys are ...anyway I would like to immediately buy some of said chippys for my 91 b230FT 740 wagon I have the 563 computer , and would also like an EZK chip EZK number 3-517-369 ...My car has a manual boost controller , with boost gauge , no a.f.r. meter yet , a good performance exhaust with free flow to it , a functioning cold /ram air home made system , when I stomp on it it seems to hit fuel cutoff , Im running over 10 p.s.i. of boost It has new fuel pumps and relay . If you have any tips on the 3 inch A.M.M. upgrade and recomendation for bigger injectors please inform me . I love my volvos ,so if you can P.M. me a phone numberor whatever I can pay you asap and get started thank you Ben

hey guys i am runnning 3 inch maff 350cc injectors and 16t turbo at 15 psi and my fuel air ratio is around 12-13 is this safe i am also running tlao chip

Waiting on my chips. After reading all this, I'm drooling.
Chips will be going oin with the stock 13c turbo and 3" exhaust with no cat. NPR intercooler and 180 thermostat are the only other active mods.
I have a set of Brown tops sitting here, along with an angle housing 16T on a manifold waiting to bolt on IF I can get someone to make me a 3" DP.
I'm thinking 15 PSI and this thing should run like an animal!

Chips showed up today!
Had a chippable EZK sitting here waiting, so popped that one in, swapped it into the car, and installed the fuel chip.
My car has always felt "doggy" for the first couple hundred miles after power has been cut from the ECU.
Fired it up and noticed the idle was a little smoother. Pulled out of the driveway and my little off idle stumble was gone.
Just cruised at 50 to the freeway which is about 4 miles.
Nailed it once I hit the on ramp. Boost went to 7 almost immediately, which it was a little laggier before. It accelerated better than the stockers did after a couple hundred miles of learning!
It also felt smoother cruising at 75. With the cruise control on, on the way back to the house, it had about 2-3" more vacuum than normal.
Can't wait for the ECU to learn, and for being able to put the 16T on and run 15 psi boost...
This is going to be fun

thelostartof . I sent you a pm yesterday and you replied. I tried to message you back but for some reason my messages I'm sending you are not going through .

My 1992 Volvo 245 with vx cam 5 degrees advanced, ipd sport exhaust and TLAO fuel chip and white injectors is great car now revs freely and much better freeway driving. I just purchased a chippable ezk from Phil and can wait to install the ignition chip.
Thanks Mike great job Im happy with my daily now!!

Installed the ignition chip a few weeks ago my 245 is great around town and even better on the freeway. I am going to install wasted spark soon i cant wait to see how all of this work together.
Thanks again Mike I am very pleased with your chips!!

Mike I sent you a pm , not sure if they are going through. Just checking on my chip

I have a 1990 740 gle 16v N/A will your chips work in it's computers and if so how much are they? I'm also thinking of going to a wasted spark setup will this mod still work?

Back