• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Removing 940 e-fan to install 740 mechanical fan-asking for friend

Don't need another thermostat, get an extra dash switch and send one side to the relay and one side to ground and you can turn it on anytime you like.

Yes this works wonderfully and is what I added in post #17. Too bad the 940 temp gauge doesn't do **** all besides stay in the middle of the range between 160F-240+F. So I pretty much just kick on the fan if I had just done a pull, or if I'm sitting in traffic/low speeds for more than 2 minutes or so.

My "friends" wife isn't going to be messing with a switch. I'll have to set up the pusher to a temp switch

My "friends" wife isn't going to be messing with a switch. I'll have to set up the pusher to a temp switch

Why not just control the puller fan with a different temp switch at a lower temp, in the rad hose? Otherwise you’re wasting your time and your friends money.

Setup the pusher to the AC compressor so when that is on so is the pusher....really simple relay setup and done.

Do you think it matters that it’ll be on whilst driving down the highway? May cause turbulence? That’s why the idea of a pressure switch is ideal for cars that don’t take into consideration vehicle speed.

Last edited:
hBCC9E1EF

That bong water you're drinking is too strong. Turbulence shmerbulence

My efan is mounted almost on the bumper centerline so direct airflow I doubt is an issue. Nevermind that it covers up less than half of the condenser. I can tell you from experience that I have zero issues with this setup maintaining 40-45deg outlet temps at the vents at low speed and cruising on the highway with this setup
https://forums.tbforums.com/showpost.php?p=5956345&postcount=11

My efan is mounted almost on the bumper centerline so direct airflow I doubt is an issue. Nevermind that it covers up less than half of the condenser. I can tell you from experience that I have zero issues with this setup maintaining 40-45deg outlet temps at the vents at low speed and cruising on the highway with this setup
https://forums.tbforums.com/showpost.php?p=5956345&postcount=11

Awesome that's good news. That's a pretty small pusher you got on there so it makes sense.

The stock 2/7 pusher fans are actually quite big and draw a **** ton of current. They move a decent amount of air as well.

On my turbo car I replaced the stock pusher with a 16" Spal pusher medium profile and it does okay, though I think stock moved more air. Oh whale.

Back