• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Dumb transmission question

CAPT_BLOTTO

#Crush It
I have an AW71 that I believe is from a 940 but it may have been swapped. I don't know all the history of it. I put it in my 92 240 and was buttoning everything up. The driveshaft seems to be a little short. Maybe it was late and I'm just crazy. But would a 940 have a different tailshaft length than a 240? If so I should be able to just swap housings right?

That makes no sense at all, all AW70/AW71/AW72's are the same length.

Any pictures of the trans out of the car? did you take the DS off the car at all during this swap?

That's what I thought but maybe I didn't know if there was some weird late change other than the bushing bearing change. Driveshaft was just unbolted from the trans. And I don't think you can put the mount bracket on wrong. I'll take another look. I'm sure its just me.

There's no chance that this may've been an Aw55 or a Bw55? That's about the only way it'd be shorter.

-J

Hmmmm..... OP has a sh!tty old 240 that he pulled an automagique out of....

Fifty cents in a bet says the engine mounts are junk as either they have just been replaced or are broken. :rofl:

Actually engine mounts are brand new. I tried it again this weekend and it was fine. I think the other day it was just late and in the dark, and my tired brain got the best of me. It bolted up fine this weekend.

Back