• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Holset and 2.4lh? Some early car turbo swap questions

That?s a great plan, like the idea, however the swap includes an M90 so no speedo drive..... it?s looking like a later rear axle swop with speedo sensor and a later speedo massaged into the cluster.

If you want it to be nice, you could buy a conversion kit from me: http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=351431

Im currently upgrading the gauge face design with embossing near the cutouts, so it will look even more proper. Changing to aluminum sheet aswell.

Hi Bugjam
I have a later 240 ('93) but am assuming they're not that different.
The washer bottle fits very nicely in the drivers side rear butt cheek. Just plumb in to the existing front to back pipework. I think I only needed to buy one or two fittings to link the pipes up, but I was ditching the headlamp washers.
Under the sheetmetal of the washer bottle's original position is an empty space. (between the front wheel inner guard and the bumper - easiest seen from underneath) I fitted a cylindrical Jetex air filter with a 3" exit & used a 3" holesaw to route the intake hose up & out of there. I even managed to find a piece of metal with ventilation holes (ex cooker filter cover!) to cover the bottom of the space where the filter is.
Tim

Looks good! Let me know when you’ve done MPH face, if you’re near/in Budapest I’m there occasionally for work?

Back