• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Best wheel spacers?

I'm looking for new wheel spacers when I bought my 940 it had aftermarket rims on there and I'm currently trying to find wheel spacers to fit my rims I want to get some 850 r wheels later on down the road but for now I'm focusing on just spacers the ones on there now are 1.5 inch and are just obnoxiously too long and cause really bad tire rubbing (sometimes even smoking when in on track days) and figured downsizing to a IPD 25mm would be a good fit but wasn't sure what the difference in the 2 types they had one seems to be something called a trax+ and then the other seems to be a regular so I was a little confused
If I recall I have some rear boxes on the struts to convert the nivomat to a normal kyb with 325 pound springs so the rear sits a little lower and has somewhat a little camber from the tophats being pivoted in if any of this makes a difference as far as spacers just want sure if there was another brand out there besides ipd and was unsure on the 2 diffrent variants they offer

All I've seen is ipd and cheap amazon chinese crap for the most part I think if I keep it at 25mm I'll be fine it's just the 1.5 inch is overkill and the tire run is obnoxious

Maybe it would help to put 1991 Volvo 940 SE (944 SE for sedan, 945 SE for wagon) in you signature. A 940 SE is a different creature from a regular 940. Can't tell from your picture if it is a sedan, or a wagon. If it's a wagon the rear springs and shocks for 740 wagon/760 wagon/940 wagon/92-94 960 wagon fits. If it's a sedan it has rear multi-link suspension.

Last edited:
Sorry to be an ass, but please try to use some punctuation. Your posts are extremely hard to read.
And yes, +1 to lummert to put your car in your signature. A 940 SE can be very different in a lot of areas compared to a standard 940.

What's the real difference in the trax+ and the other that ipd sells

Difference is most likely a combination of different material (aluminum / magnesium alloy), brand name + made in Germany.

I just decided on the IPD spacers, I already bought the hub bore rings. If I end up needing spacers/adapter for another project I'm gonna have to check out motorsport tech they have a really nice and easy to use website

I just decided on the IPD spacers, I already bought the hub bore rings. If I end up needing spacers/adapter for another project I'm gonna have to check out motorsport tech they have a really nice and easy to use website

Their customer support's good, and the product is top-notch as well. Money well spent.

Back