• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

B230F header ?

So far as I know, nothing...nothing on our continent.

I think there are a couple options in Sweden & Australia.

They're cheap enough through a Chinese Manufacturer, but a sample would have to be fabricated, then sent to them and you'd have to sell 20 or so.

So far as I know, nothing...nothing on our continent.

Ahh, but there is so long as your pockets are deep enough. Very nice headers and they will do custom tube sizes, just ask.
http://www.stahlheaders.com/Frame%20New%20RR.htm

StahlHeaders.jpg

if you are going to buy a stahl header, get it now. They are retiring and closing up shop at the end of the year.

there was a guy that took the ebay turbo manifold and ran it as an NA header. i liked the idea. you don't have to flip the flange, just figure out a way to connect it to the rest of the exhaust, looks pretty cool, pretty damn cheap. right up my alley

I made an n/a header for my b230f for maybe $150 in parts. For $100 you can get a new pair of SBC headers and then you just cut up and reweld one to fit.

sIMG_1517.jpg

I know the runners are not paired correctly.... I was going off a design for a different motor and it was a just because thing. I keep telling myself I will redo it but for some reason I still haven't.....

Last edited:
a header from a bimmer 4cyl with the b230 flange will work. ive seen pics of custom ones done like this on here. the stock header dosent look too bad for the bimmer but you can get a nice shiney one off evilbay for like 250, weld on the new flange and you should be done!

That makes me glad I paid $160 for my Stahl B20 header.

I hate to burst your bubble, but I'm pretty sure that's a new IPD/Patriot header that you have. The #4 tube on the Stahl and old IPD headers is on the inside top at the collector. Your collector is different, but may have been changed. Stahl headers have a tag on the #1 tube.

Yours
sRwmG.jpg

IPD/Patriot
fullsize_5332.jpg

Stahl on the left, old IPD on the right
Headers%20Stahl%20on%20left%20Old%20IPD%20on%20right.jpg

StahlHeader.jpg

I did indeed change my collector. Maybe you're right though. I'm just going off of what the PO told me it was. That's pretty depressing though. When you typed "I hate to burst your bubble" you should've just stopped :-(

Last edited:
I made an n/a header for my b230f for maybe $150 in parts. For $100 you can get a new pair of SBC headers and then you just cut up and reweld one to fit.

sIMG_1517.jpg

I know the runners are not paired correctly.... I was going off a design for a different motor and it was a just because thing. I keep telling myself I will redo it but for some reason I still haven't.....

did you ever run this? How was it?

did you ever run this? How was it?

I ran this header for 4+ years without any issues on my Regina car, it has a bit more interesting exhaust note. Power felt a little smoother but the entire car is such a bastard who knows these days. About 5 years ago I cut up this header and turned it from a 4-2-1 into just a 4-1 with a 3" collector so I could just run normal 3" cats on it.

So far it stlil works just fine, I felt like the power was a bit smoother with the 4-2-1 over the 4-1 but as I said right now the car is such a bastard of parts. Regina with zero tuning done ( I have a port for a wideband but I have never installed it). The car has a 960 / 3" TB on the stock B230 intake manifold, this 4-1 header and I think it has either a T cam or A cam in it. I do not even remember what is in there. The exhaust is a 3" cat that then goes into 2.5" over the axle exhaust with just a generic summit turbo muffler at the rear.

Power feels like it falls off right around 5200rpm it keeps reving but just lack torque, this could be from as simple as being way to rich. It start and runs and drives and gets 26+ mpg and just chuggs along every day. The engine is coming out one of these days to be replaced by a 5.3L v8 but until then this ugly header will live on.

This was just one of those fun to goof around things to do when I used to have free time.

Here are a few quick pics when I took it from the 4-2-1 to a 4-1

rps20200104_231608_131.jpg

rps20200104_231739_113.jpg

Run the stock manifold. If anything, make a larger downpipe section for it. You aren?t really losing much and if not done right, it could hurt your performance.

If you have the money and are going for peak performance, you?ll still need to get something and modify it to match your cam, head, injection and desired characteristics.

For what it?s worth, here?s some notes from Erland on the subject.

?The stock exhaust manifold is quite good, not very much difference there in a mild engine.?

When I asked about what would be good for the secondaries when coupled with the K-jet N/A manifold that has runners that are good for a 6500rpm power peak, he said:

?For good bottom end the downpipes can be 700mm X 51mm terminating in 2,5?.

The 2,5? should be either 400 or 800mm:s long and terminate in a muffler.

You can use 400mm of 2,5? and 400mm of 3? if you want.

Nothing in the exhaust is cut in stone, you can always gain by endless dyno testing.?

I?ll have to measure what the setup is on the General Leif where we did 155+whp and 160wtrq already.

Back