• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

300 Badge Time?

I didn't touch the dyno, dude. It feels smooth by the seat of the pants, but that is entirely subjective.

Weird, I wonder why mine made so much more torque? like like double at 3k lol
Because you have an 8V, a smaller turbo, a good exhaust manifold, and some other restriction or setup issue of some sort that is preventing you from creating lots of HP. You have a restricted rally car sort of powerband with tons of torque off the line, Harald is going for an unrestricted, high rpm play toy that's decent on a drag strip, or something.

I didn't touch the dyno, dude. It feels smooth by the seat of the pants, but that is entirely subjective.
Want to ask him to email me the run files for my collection? I can post the less smoothed version, too.

Last edited:
Because you have an 8V, a smaller turbo, a good exhaust manifold, and some other restriction or setup issue of some sort that is preventing you from creating lots of HP. You have a restricted rally car sort of powerband with tons of torque off the line, Harald is going for an unrestricted, high rpm play toy that's decent on a drag strip, or something.
The tuner said they hated my TD04HL-22T turbo, the hotside is too small (6cm) for the big cold side turbo, they thought that's what makes so much heat too. I'm saving up for a GTX3071R .82ar for the summer to add another 100+hp lol.

I put a graph together for fun. I'd be curious what Harald's car does with stock cams instead of the rally ones in there. Also curious if the torque could come in sooner with some camshaft timing adjustment for less overlap.

Harald's 16V vs Poik's who knows what 8VT setup that I have, Andy's old 245 turbo that had a 15G, intercooler and more boost with the T cam, and then one of the the General Leif's runs(non-turbo). Look at the torque differences at 4,000rpm.

I also loaded up Pete's 2.5L 8V with massive valves and port work, and all the supporting stuff but it made it harder to see the differences between the more down to earth runs. Pete's engine with the dyno info I had(not the latest) had 200w-trq more at 4,000rpm than Harald's 16V and pulled nearly flat to 7,000rpm as well.

Attachments

• Harald's 16VT vs. 8V.png
    Harald's 16VT vs. 8V.png
    74.1 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
I had a set of racy cams in my 16V turbo for a while. It became rather tedious. It made silly great power when it was all spooled and revved up, but it was more of a light switch. Off boost, off cam, and no power, or on and screaming like crazy. All in all, not a great thing for a street car. I took them out and put stock cams in, and was a LOT happier.

Yup, I might play with the cams some more (advance the exhaust cam another degree).

As an extra reminder, this run is with no boost control and no timing map adjustment as a result of fuel pressure issues (found the submersible hose was kinked and broken). There was also zero assist in spool from holding the signal to keep the wastegate from cracking open at 4 psi.

So far I am happy with the power curve as is.

Yup, I might play with the cams some more (advance the exhaust cam another degree).

As an extra reminder, this run is with no boost control and no timing map adjustment as a result of fuel pressure issues (found the submersible hose was kinked and broken). There was also zero assist in spool from holding the signal to keep the wastegate from cracking open at 4 psi.

So far I am happy with the power curve as is.
Good points to point out again and I'm glad you found the fuel pressure issue!

You could even retard the intake cam a little to reduce the overlap some more, but I'm hesitant to say do anything with the camshaft timing until you've dialed the rest of the system in a little better(wastegate control and ignition timing at least close). Luckily, you can do all of these adjustments on the dyno quickly. When are you going back next? :oogle:

I'm going to try to convince Robert to help me degree the cams soonish, as I need to change the valve cover gasket anyway. I know you done seen this, Rob :oogle:

Back