home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > projects & restorations

Old 05-05-2018, 11:01 PM   #51
soclosenotnear
Board Member

Exhaust looks good. Love the curvy tail pipe.
soclosenotnear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 01:25 AM   #52
Lord_Athlon
Chuckie Blows

Should have bought my yellow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlard View Post
Yet Asher here went with...
Lord_Athlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 09:13 PM   #53
thelostartof
unbalanced chemical

Well I picked up a spare unit to test the unit on my 744 and after everything checked out I decied to put this to use vs letting it rot in the spare parts pile. While running 19psi via the MBC was nice, I don't know why but I just like the idea of being able to adjust it as I see fit. Either way it almost feels like it spools a bit quicker on the high end. I do not know why I love these vintage EBC's so much but it just makes things so simple.

Another reason I did this was to plan for the future, I finally got my ATP WG mounted ( I will get pics of the grinding I had to do to make it work) to the GT2871R, now I just need to fit the Water lines and then find a weekend to swap out the turbo and build a new downpipe. Should be a good gain over the 19T with the conical turbine housing.

Old 12-16-2019, 11:40 PM   #54
thelostartof
unbalanced chemical

A few more updates of myself ruining a perfectly good car.

I was tired of how low the front end was so i removed the unknown brand (OEM looking) lowering springs from the front and put in some IPD Sport Lowering springs. These raised the front about an inch over the springs that where there but I will wait until I get some miles on them to see if they settle a little. At the same time I replaced the completely trashed bump stops and boots. This car already has Koni Struts and Stocks on all 4 corners.

After that I changed the oil and then procceed to tear the engine apart and put on a spare part I have had laying around for a few years.

New DW FPR installed in a location that should be NHRA approved, I know I still need to get some SS braided lines to and from it to be 100% legal but the location should at least be kosher. This will be the same part and location I will use on the 744 when I remove my Mallory unit.

Feed and return lines connected,

thelostartof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 12:13 AM   #55
thelostartof
unbalanced chemical

I finally got the car all back together, everything went fairly smooth despite some semi major issues (bolt holes in TB Flange not drilled even close to straight or matching). But the car started first turn over and seems to idle entierly to good. I will go for the test drive tomorrow as my main tuning Laptop had the SSD die. I am not happy with the IAC pipe I had to make but I might remake it later in the future and then also swap to a smaller Denso alternator so I can swap in a TB with the vac lines for the evap can as right now it is just bypassed which i hate doing.

I also want to redo the IC pipe but I havn't quite figured a good way to do it because of the manifold outlet location isn't ideal for this style IC.

Old 12-19-2019, 08:31 AM   #56
DET17
Reformed SAABaholic

What size TB is on that Nathan intake? I'll be curious how it transitions from idle to mid throttle (i.e. pulling away from a stop).

Feedback thread: http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=198746
DET17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 09:26 AM   #57
thelostartof
unbalanced chemical

The larger 960 / 850na TB. I have the same setup on my 744 with the same intake manifold.

And I also have the same larger TB on my 944 n/a with the stock intake manifold.
Old 12-19-2019, 07:27 PM   #58
thelostartof
unbalanced chemical

Well after a bit of driving today, with the yoshifab flywheel and clutch it is a bit rough to drive, very little throttle let's a lot of air in so I am needing to adjust how I drive it. Also transition into boost happens very quick with the 19t. I can go from 10in to 6psi In the blink of an eye.

I need to let LH relearn and then work on the afr tuning but so far it drives nice.
Old 02-16-2020, 10:36 AM   #59
thelostartof
unbalanced chemical

latest set of updates, I have removed the conical turbine housing off the 19t and swapped on a flat flange housing with a 3" vband welded on it

the downpipe is an old spare that Jao gave me a few years ago that I just finally got around to installing, I added the last leg to meet up to my vband'd cat, along with the front vband and the 02 bungs.

All that is left to add is the turbine heat sheild

Once done the 19t pull much much smoother up top. Boost comes in quicker and hits much harder. No idea why I waited so long to do this upgrade.