• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

940 Volvo 940 GL Idle issues

Volv

I?ve got an 94 GL 940 that lately suffered from a total enginefault. Found the problem. But afterwards my idle is very bad, rough aswell. It smells petrol and emissions shows unburned mixture. Everything you guys are gonna post here is already done and checked. I?m going to change ECU or the EZK. On high rpm it runs good enough. Only the idle is my problem. Could those two fuses on + battery be corroded?

I would clean all the electrical grounds on any new (to me) 940. Your problem sounds like bad fuel pressure to me, most likely a regulator with a torn diaphragm.

I would clean all the electrical grounds on any new (to me) 940. Your problem sounds like bad fuel pressure to me, most likely a regulator with a torn diaphragm.

It did to me aswell, sounded like it. But no. Wasn?t the case. I changed the rail, Injectors and FPR. Still not the issue. I have changed every ignition parts. Everything, but not ECU

Any advice?

Well, you asked. Maybe you could be more descriptive of how symptoms changed or didn’t change as you replaced parts. Did you replace parts that were tested not functioning, or just putting parts on to see if anything would change? And how when the distributor “rotated”.

Well, you asked. Maybe you could be more descriptive of how symptoms changed or didn?t change as you replaced parts. Did you replace parts that were tested not functioning, or just putting parts on to see if anything would change? And how when the distributor ?rotated?.

I?m going to change EZK and ECU tomorrow. Just to be sure.

I have changed
Leads. Coil. Distributor, dizzy cap. Distributor shaft. Fuel pump and filter. Fuel rail. Fuel pressure regulator, injectors, gaskets. Idle air valve, MAF, timing belt, plugs,

It?s random event. I just suddenly had bad idling. It?s unburned fuel mixture on idle and high rpm it runs fine

When the distributor moved did the engine buck or backfire?
If it did, it's possible that the engine skipped a notch or two on the timing belt.
Just a thought and worth checking.

Back