• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

The 2018 East vs West Competition.

qwkswede

Old and Slow
300+ Club
Rules: (nicked from http://www.turbobricks.com/evw.php)
Summary
The "east vs. west" shootout was created by Pat D. (tuff240) to help motivate the group by creating a friendly yet competitive event we could all participate in from our home towns. The goal is to lay down the fastest time you can and earn points for your side. Report the results of your efforts to improve your times and power output to hopefully grab bragging rights.
So far the results have been:

2017 - West(Volvo Power) East(Hybrid).
2016 - West(Volvo power) East(Hybrid). I will break the tie. Because of some really fast times the overall win goes to East!
2015 - West
2014 - ??
2013 - ??
2012 - ??
2011 - East
2010 - West ( I know broken board but at the time West was way ahead and East lacked submissions)
2009 - West
2008 - West
2007 - East
2006 - West
2005 - East
2004 - West
2003 - East

2017 Thread
2016 Thread
2015 Thread
2012 Thread
2011 Thread
2010 Thread
2009 Thread
2008 Thread
2007 Thread
2006 Thread
2005 Thread
2004 Thread
2003 Thread

How The Competition Works:
Turbobricks members from each side (East Coast or West Coast) visit a track throughout the course of the year and record their fastest 1/4 mile time. Submit your 1/4 mile time to the contest admin. The idea is to work on your cars performance
throughout the year, returning to the track, grabbing more points, and updating your time.
The points scheme is like this:
0 - 9.99 = 100
10.00 - 10.99 = 90
11.00 - 11.99 = 80
12.00 - 12.99 = 70
13.00 - 13.99 = 60
14.00 - 14.99 = 50
15.00 - 15.99 = 40
16.00 - 16.99 = 30
17.00 - 17.99 = 20
18.00+ = 10 participation points, everyone gets a ribbon.

Each side is divided up into 3 classes of cars, Turbocharged, Normally Aspirated, or "Hybrid" - a non-Volvo powered Volvo. Essentially there are now 3 competitions running simultaneously per side. Each class is equally important since the final victory in that class holds 1/3
of your sides total wins.
At the end of each year all the points are tallied up for a final count in each vehicle class. The side with the majority of class wins is declared victorious and thus has the bragging rights for the next year.

The Split:
Please verify the side you are grouped in by state. The states are grouped as evenly as possible by member representation. The west gets Hawaii, the east gets Puerto Rico. If we have forgotten or over
looked any other represented US, Canadian, or Mexican governed land masses please let us know so we can assign it a side.
North_America.jpg

Countries outside of North America please send times. I can start tracking an international category if we get some participation.

Rules for Competitors:

• Be mature, no cheating/bending rules, and no complaining. This is for fun. If you cheat, you're out.
  • Your time submission should include a photograph or video of your car and the score board reading your time. Also a time slip photo and or fellow member verification can be used if approved.
  • Any runs made must be in the current year.
  • 1 registered run per owner/vehicle combo, so send me the fastest run you have. That's the one I'll record. If you own 2 turbos, I'd love to see the data collected for both.
  • If a vehicle is sold to either side, points remain until new owner beats the standing entry and the previous time and points are removed.
  • If a Driver moves sides, points remain until driver runs at new location and previous points are removed.
  • All runs must be made at an official timed 1/4 mile drag strip. Estimates from 1/8th mile tracks, self timing, or non sanctioned timing devices are not allowed.

How to Submit a Time
Submitting a time is as simple as dropping me a PM, or posting in this thread. Posting in this thread will not guarantee that I'll see your post, sometimes I'm busy and get behind reading. So follow with a PM too. If my PM box is full someone can surely email or catch me on facebook so that I can clean it out.

I will need the following things from you for a verified submission:
  • Board Username
  • Car Model
  • Brief (A paragraph or two) Description of your Vehicle
  • Location (East, West, or International) and Class (Turbo, N/A, or Hybrid)
  • A Scan of your timeslip, for verification purposes. Either circle your number on the slip, or (better!) include a photo of the car with the numbers on it.

So get wrenching and racing! I think we have some fast passes in the works this year. I know there are a couple running swap cars that didn't run last year.

---------------------------------- And without further ado, The Leaderboard -----------------------------

<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zgJCDBrQX3jtX7gI1aa9ZJrIQEjGBHx9e0DwSXenP6o/pubhtml?widget=true&headers=false"height="600" width="1000""></iframe>

Last edited:
yeah there's a trio of turbobrick cars just around here, and a pair of fairly fast swapped cars to boot.

and maybe I'll get the gold car back on the road.

We will need to get a moderator to pin this to the top and release the 2017 thread.

Done.

We need some of the west coast guys to actually run their ****. I'll get to the track assuming it's still open. Might run at IPD if we end up taking my wagon, which is possible. We've got a bunch of cars in Cali that never ran, let alone the other states. Hell, I just remembered Ryan never submitted his time for the NA runs on his wagon at IPD last year.

Done.

We need some of the west coast guys to actually run their ****. I'll get to the track assuming it's still open. Might run at IPD if we end up taking my wagon, which is possible. We've got a bunch of cars in Cali that never ran, let alone the other states. Hell, I just remembered Ryan never submitted his time for the NA runs on his wagon at IPD last year.

We have a few...off the top of my head that are semi-active):

You
Me
Ryan
Taro
Ansel
Tate
Quin
Bergen (V8T)
Bergen's cousin (V8)
Erik
Josh (probably)
Tomas (V8)
Asher (also maybe)
Kyle (NA)
Justin

Man, the west coast crew had gotten somewhat small...

Even worse, look at those that actually posted times last year? 3 of that list. Ryan ran the wagon, but Betty is under the knife right now, should be a lot happier. The rest of that crew, definitely gotta get their **** together this year!

I must get on the stick on build, but plan on a 12-13 second LS swap coming in for the East Coast by end of summer.

Also anyone headed to LS Fest to run in the fall?

#springishere #motivation #iwannagofast

I might run my s80 v8 this weekend, one guy I work with is taking his old Mopar. The track here is at 2700' elevation, so might not be too fast, but it would be at least one NA time for the west.

The 240 has been sitting most of last year, and was moved into storage this winter. Think the clutch disk might need to be replaced, but otherwise should be fine to run later this spring.

The first midnight drags here is May 5. I plan on running my car every event this season as it's the last year my track is open. Hopefully I can put up a decent time for the west and put some V8s to shame.

We're all starting to get up and running around here now, just barely missed tech at the Tulsa Midnight drags last weekend. With the new converter my volvo-powered s10 should be able to knock down 11.90's I think, and within the next few months the 240 should be moving with the turbo ls and try to make some actual fast passes for once.

Took the S80 daily driver, so there will be at least one N/A entry. Today was the opening day and very crowded. Two hours between first run and second run, didn't stay after the second.

167240963.jpg
167240965.jpg

Back