• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Running problem with 240T

8587turbo

Working on a 240 turbo that I towed home, it had a bad wiring harness . After repair it will fire & run if over 2500 rpm will not idle . The car sat for several years. The following work has been completed
1.fuel tank cleaned,new fuel pumps,new filter.
2.switched out fuel distributor , control fuel reg , new intake gasket, idle control valve switched out.

Nothing changed will start & if one can get above about 2500 it will run but if RPM's drop off it seems to have too much air & I have blocked off all of the vacuum ports on intake that would cause a leak. What am I missing? Any help would be great . Thanks

Rotted wiring harness is usually the culprit. What all did you repair? You didn't touch the vacuum system? That needs to be looked at with kjet. Stuck injectors. Etc.

Large vacuum/air leak?

Yeah, that's what I was thinking but its all good, Harness should be good, was tested & metered when replaced , but have not checked injectors will head there next. Could any of the electronics be giving problem? I did switch out the idle control module on pass side under cpu with no results. I'm sure its something simple once found....good thing I have a running parts car. Thanks

Does the frequency valve buzz?

Crankcase vent hose come out of the air intake tube?

Not sure if buzzing or not (dam hearing aids) that's one of the reasons I switched out completed fuel distributor section on top of air cleaner same results.. starts on cold start injector & if you can catch it & get some RPM's it will run above 2500. Sure sounds like too much air but its all buttoned up.This afternoon will check all hoses again for cracks, holes & disconnects.

Not sure if buzzing or not (dam hearing aids) that's one of the reasons I switched out completed fuel distributor section on top of air cleaner same results.. starts on cold start injector & if you can catch it & get some RPM's it will run above 2500. Sure sounds like too much air but its all buttoned up.This afternoon will check all hoses again for cracks, holes & disconnects.

You can feel it buzz, even with a clattery redblock running next to it. Distinctive like a relay but obviously a lot faster buzz

Injector seals? Mine did what yours does before I replaced all the injector seals.

Pulled injectors this afternoon & seals are bad 2 were loose on injector & one was broken , I think that was problem. Any reason not to use M1 hi-temp grease when assembling injector with new "O" rings?

Thanks for all the help.

Back