• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

What mandrel bends are required to fabricate a 740 downpipe

On summit they sell 90 degree bends that have a lot of excess straight. You'll really want to put a flex joint somewhere in line because the engine moves so much, you"ll end up breaking something and it'll cause less vibrations down the line. Do yourself a favor and use a v-band right after the downpipe too.

A v band is nice. I use the lap joint clamps down by the cat and under the car. Last time I made a down pipe I bought one 180 degree U bend and used that for both bends. Two O2 sensor bungs in the vertical down section facing to the front. A trans bracket and the suggested flex pipe are good, too.

For the connection to the turbo I had Summit exhaust and performance shop in Pemberton make me up a short stub pipe with the flare on the end to meet up to the turbo. For the flange I had some cut but you can probably buy some at ATP turbo or use an old one.

Here's what I did, basically what people above said, but with pics :) No V band though, and the bottom flange is for a 3" cat. Also, this is a 2 piece unit that I used a SS band clamp on rather than welding.

MBajdazl.jpg

5EVFx8bl.jpg

7aFyJqbl.jpg

Here's what I did, basically what people above said, but with pics :) No V band though, and the bottom flange is for a 3" cat. Also, this is a 2 piece unit that I used a SS band clamp on rather than welding.

MBajdazl.jpg

5EVFx8bl.jpg

7aFyJqbl.jpg

How's that blow off valve working for you. Heard they are annoying. Aftermarket ones of course

Back