• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

16V Header Options

supreme940

Okay, so I'm planning on going 16v+t with my b230ft and have begun a bit of part collecting.

I ended up buying the Yoshifab 8v to 16v manifold adapter, planning on using my old 8V header for my externally waste-gated he351. Unfortunately, upon a bit of mock up, I have a slight suspicion it's not going to fit in the engine bay, and I can't mock it up in the car yet either as it's my daily.

xpd3CDrl.jpg

And since it has an external wastegate, I can't use the ported 90+ manifold currently on my car, unless I mill it flat and possibly add on a wastegate port? I've done a bit of research and everybody seems to weld them to the turbine housing instead of the manifold, which I don't really want to do.

Is my best plan of action to wait and see if it'll fit in the car, or sell the 8v manifold and adapter plate and get a new manifold from cm racing?

Last edited:
should fit about the same, the header flange positioning between an 8v and a16v is about the same, the head gets wider above the gasket and on the intake side.

how tight was that header setup before? what kinda car is it going in?

should fit about the same, the header flange positioning between an 8v and a16v is about the same, the head gets wider above the gasket and on the intake side.

how tight was that header setup before? what kinda car is it going in?

940, so more bay room than a 240. It fit fine, a few inches of room between the header and passenger side of the bay. I just figured the 16V would displace it too much from how wide it is. I found probably the only pic I have of it installed:
n2TFirNl.jpg

Holy leaking turbo gasket batman!

Right :lol: My hardware always came loose no matter what I did. I tried flange bolts, but I couldn't use two nuts per stud because there wasn't enough room to. Might end up tapping the manifold.

Last edited:
You may want to add a bracket to support the setup. That helps stop hardware coming loose since there will be less vibration.

You think a bracket from the bottom of the manifold to the engine block, say the water pipe bolt, would suffice? I'm not sure of other mounting points I could use ATM without looking at the block.

You think a bracket from the bottom of the manifold to the engine block, say the water pipe bolt, would suffice? I'm not sure of other mounting points I could use ATM without looking at the block.

The original support bracket bolts to the block under the exhaut manifold. You can build something to use those four bolt holes. That should help the setup.

Back