• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Momo hub part #

Volvo sold 3 different hubs for 240 with the following parts numbers.

240SteeringWheelAdapters.jpg

The '75-'78 hubs have a lattice type collapsible section with Momo part number S316.

Early240SteeringWheelAdapter.jpg

The later hubs look the same but 8360874 is ~?" shorter and has Momo part number C9007.

Late240SteeringWheelAdapter.jpg

8360873 has Momo part number C9010 which is the only one that's available AFAIK.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/mom-9010

We normally stock the 9010 momo hub but TMK, they are nationally back ordered and momo has been shut down due to Covid-19 issues in Italy. We have some on back order with them and when ever things restart we will restock them. Unless summit has existing inventory (it shows they are out) it might be a while before they have them.

https://www.bneshop.com/collections/240/products/240-momo-steering-wheel-adapters

I’ve had issues with a few OMP adapters. Very porous casting with voids in the threaded areas and they’re very soft. This leads to the bolts constantly coming loose and eventually stripping out. I’ve worn one out drifting, and 2 in the rally car. Rally car now has a custom column with a weld-on NRG hub. Zero issues now.
On the drift car, the fix has been to drill out the threads, “machine” for some clearance on the backside of the wheel flange, and use through bolts and nylock nuts. Works great now, looks extra TB.

NRG makes one as well. Not sure on quality, but it looks pretty clean: http://www.getnrg.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=691

I was thinking about stocking those NRG units but haven't pulled the trigger yet. For a product like this people are usually after the lowest price option, so I figured there would be few takers for something that is nearly 2x as expensive as the momo hubs.

Problem / benefit of the NRG hub its super short, which means you either need to add a Quick release hub, a hub spacer, a deep dish or all of the above.

By the time you are ready to mount your wheel you are looking at $300+

If people really want em, I could do it, but I had my doubts.

I feel bad for the unsuspecting guy who buys one of those and expects to bold on a normal momo style wheel and have his hands jammed into the turn signal stocks.

Luisi make an adapter that's a lot more affordable.

And it has the proper turn signal cancellation. that's something that OMP, Momo, and NRG all failed at.

I was thinking about stocking those NRG units but haven't pulled the trigger yet. For a product like this people are usually after the lowest price option, so I figured there would be few takers for something that is nearly 2x as expensive as the momo hubs.

Problem / benefit of the NRG hub its super short, which means you either need to add a Quick release hub, a hub spacer, a deep dish or all of the above.

By the time you are ready to mount your wheel you are looking at $300+

If people really want em, I could do it, but I had my doubts.

I feel bad for the unsuspecting guy who buys one of those and expects to bold on a normal momo style wheel and have his hands jammed into the turn signal stocks.

I use the OMP adapter with a 3" dished wheel, and still want a spacer. The NRG one definitely needs some spacing of some sort... but I understand why they did it that way.

Momo part number

So, will the 9010 fit my 1980 ok?
Will turn signals work ok? This a street project, not a dedicated racer.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Yeah, it should work fine.

The turn signals may not cancel in the same position left and right but they will cancel.

One member didn't like the way the turn signal would cancel with the slightest movement of the wheel so he filled in the area between the ribs with epoxy and filed it flush.

IMG_7114.JPG

Last edited:
One member didn't the way the turn signal would cancel with the slightest movement of the wheel so he filled in the area between the ribs with epoxy and filed it flush.

IMG_7114.JPG

I bent a ~1" wide section of aluminum sheetmetal to fit inside there and fill the gap. Took all of 2 minutes.

The different in L/R cancellation is pretty annoying if you actually use your turn signals :-P

There are subtle differences between the hubs and apparently the late hub can be used on all years so Momo only sells that one. It's nice that Luisi is making all three variations of the hubs still. I wasn't aware of that until now.

The same place in Estonia has 7706.

https://www.ebay.com/p/2234918679

Yeah, it should work fine.

The turn signals may not cancel in the same position left and right but they will cancel.

One member didn't like the way the turn signal would cancel with the slightest movement of the wheel so he filled in the area between the ribs with epoxy and filed it flush.

IMG_7114.JPG

I think I need to do this.

I just pulled the trigger on the Luisi hub.
Thanks to all for the helpful info. I will let everyone know how the turn signals work, once I get it put together.

Can't that gap be filled with Quicksteel putty or something like that?

Would be great to get Hub # info for 7/9 Series too in this thread.

Back