• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Track day bro...AWD/wrong wheel drive/FORD/reliable DD content inside. SFW

mopar318

Taking my 2007 v70r to Putnam road course in two weeks. I will be doing a novice PDX that will be 6 - 20 minute sessions.

Pads are about half life but would like to make sure they have enough meat. I need recommendations for pads for this pig. Hawk HPS have been not recommend from my Honda peeps, but they have pretty small brakes in comparison. OEM? hawk? Akebono? I need something I can still street drive and around $100.

When I took my s60r out to a track day a few years ago, I was on factory pads. After a day, I had barely used any pad.
I hate the akibonos that were on my 850r. Noisy, dusty and made for a hard pedal feel. I have no experience with them on a s/vR.

I just used factory pads on our S70 T5 when I tracked it up at Thunderhill, I'd flush your current brake fluid before the event and then afterwards.

Swapped in a set of hawk HP+. Saving the stock pads to put back in. I also put in perelli p-zero UHP summer tires on. Launched while turning is so much fun.

Akebono is great if you get a set of new rotors with them. Pagid, Textar, Jurid are all close to factory and will offer great performance. Centric are also great if you want a ceramic pad for a good price.

I liked my hps a lot for dual usage but then Again they were in something almost half the weight of your car. Either that or as mentioned get some real track pads with new rotors for the track day then swap back to stock pads and rotors after the event

My pads of first choice are Performance Friction. What if any compounds they will offer for your calipers I have no idea, but 01 compound works fine on the road and will survive hard track usage so long as the brakes aren't ludicrously small for the car's mass and you use a fluid that will survive the caliper temperatures generated. Castrol SRF is the best race fluid outside F1 and easily available, albeit at a fairly hefty price. Like all race fluids it's more hygroscopic than "normal" fluids, so will need changing more regularly. Have fun!

Back