• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

'91 740 -- B230F+T -- Transmission cooler lines

HighMans

Hello All!

Trying to do a +T on my stock 740 and I'm running in to some issues with the downpipe. It seems like the transmission cooler lines are in the way of me mounting the downpipe on to the turbo.

What solution's did y'all come up with?

No body else has said anything so I will tell you what I would do. Your gonna have to cut the lines or reroute lines, hug the trans with them. Most people buy big brake line then use a tubing bender. Hope this helps you some or find a +T car and rob the lines from it.

No body else has said anything so I will tell you what I would do. Your gonna have to cut the lines or reroute lines, hug the trans with them. Most people buy big brake line then use a tubing bender. Hope this helps you some or find a +T car and rob the lines from it.

I've decided to go ahead and buy a trans cooler + lines & an fittings. Easiest and cheapest (ish) solution haha

what cooler and lines are you using? Im about to replace my m47 with AW71.

o6A3oe0.png

Mine has been cut. There's probably a foot section on each that are rubber transmission cooler line.

Lol 6 dollars of rubber hose and a JY stock cooler is a lot cheaper than that setup, but that'll look cooler

I dealt with the same thing on my 745 Regina +T. I simply (and cleanly) lopped off the majority of the hard line and replaced it with rubber line. Didn't even flare the pipes, or whatever you call it. So it was straight and still hasn't popped off!

On my red wagon I ran a trans cooler mounted to the front of the radiator. Ran an fittings off the trans and -6an aeroequip push lock hose and fittings. The trans fluid isn’t really under that much pressure so as long as the hose can handle oil it’ll be fine.

I'm currently replacing my rubber line segments...I bought one size to big and made it work, lasted about a year and now they are both slowly leaking. 3 feet of 5/16" hose and it'll be leak free for at least another year.

Back