• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

intercooler npr vs

90volvo

Ive just lined out my +T 90 240. ;Running 12lb of boost but dont plan to stay here gonna work up to 20 with upgrade turbo from 15g etc. My ultimate goal is 300hp. at engine. Im running stock 740 intercooler. So looking to upgrade. Was gonna buy a NPR but I ran across this one today. Looks like it would drop in with little fabbing. Has anyone ran one of these or whats your thoughts. Link below. Thanks

https://www.ebay.com/itm/REV9-16-19...362526?hash=item3fb956071e:g:3U4AAOSwyhVcXS06

My $0,02: https://shop.klracing.se/sv/artiklar/volvo-940-utan-ac-60mm.html

I made a quick review on it: https://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=343520
It was a huge improvement over the stock Intercooler on my 940.

Not sure about the shipping costs to the US though.

I am sure they are good. The cost of intercooler plus the shipping puts it about double of isuzu intercooler. Then the wait couple weeks about I asked how long to recieve the intercooler. Was told at least 6-8 weeks. That lands me in Nov. which would mean probably spring before I could install it. Got have fun while the sun shining. Im sure its a good product. Have heard good things about it.

Totally understand, I just wanted to throw in another option if you couldn't find anything else.

intercooler

Hey 90 Volvo guy ,did you upgrade your intercooler ? Was curious what you did... Im doing a CSF I.C. now on a 91 745 automatic car , It looks like it is gonna give me some nightmares on the passeger side, by airbox etc . Wasn't there a guy here that did this swap and posted pix ,I would like to get soe heads up help from ANYONE that has done it

I have a 240, i went with the big NPR intercooler. I have no regrets. Fitting was no problem the inlet and outlet are at the top and my stock radiator fit inbetween them nicely. I can send you some pics. but you will have to pm your phone number so I can text them to you. This computer wont jive with photobucket.

Problem there is ,im a cave man type and dont have a smartness phone ! heck I'm one step up from Cup n String network type phone and my Cup/phone cant get multimedia texts ! I have the CSF NPR knockoff I.C. my car has the a/c condenser still installed and both ? coolers the lil rectangular one . and the vertical cooler , Ive moved the evap can and vertical turbo? gooler out the way , but I still have the stock airbox , which I have built a sealed Ram Air 6 system into , it looks tight on that side , also I think I gonna gut all the A/C stuff , condenser etc , dunno if that will make any difference.from what I see it looks like I'm gonna have to cut some of the top r./p. side metal right next to hood guide pin ? hole , and I'm skeered, I will do a lil more test fitting today and see , also what did you use on bottom a shaved 2x2 thanxz for the help

i will find you a link. I still have my AC installed on the car. The intercooler goes in front of the radiator.

Was curious on how much you spent on your NPR intercooler?
a local near me has one from a 98 for sale but idk if its the right one!

Glad to hear your happy with your install !

I purchased mine on ebay I think it was JC Whitney? All metal no plastic. Here is the ebay heading, maybe it will help you get the right one? If I remember right the big one has 27 cooling fins. The small one is like 20?

6050 CSF Intercooler New 8 97333362 1 for Isuzu NPR NPR-HD NQR

I think its gonna work ...With a little bit O' help from an AAy- daptor kit , why Im puttin it all together So's that it might fit! I paid over 200.00 for it , probably couldve done better but got tired of hem hawin around , and pulled the trigger, I wanna be meticulous as possible and foam the Bejeezuz out of it so we dont have no metal to metal contact etc . workin on the mounts now so if anyone has fresh tips ,please chie in ,all help is appreciated. Thanks to all for the assistance

I believe I used the stock hoses. I think I heated them up with a heat gun and got them to stretch over the npr inlet and outlet. I also think I used some pool noodle foam for the bottom IC mount. Its been a while, I can see if I can get you a link to some pictures. If you PM me I will give you my phone number and will be glad to help you over the phone. But I am sure there is more qualified people on here. Not sure where you are located but would not be surprised if someone would come to help you. Just let me know.

Back