• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

N/a ecu on +t

midnightsaint

I have very little time due to my job and family. In the next week I do have three days off in a row. (I usually have 1). I have had a hard time sourcing a turbo ecu and spark control. I was thinking of doing my +t swap during these extremely rare few days.

I know the NA ecu does not have boost read ability. And that the ignition mapping is aggressive.

It is a daily driver. I don't plan on any racing until proper ecu and spark installed.

I figured I may pull back the timing a small amount. I'll install colder plugs as well.

Thoughts?

Stay out of boost and the ECU will never know the difference. You can enforce this by leaving the WG wide open, you'll only get a slight bit of boost creep (a few psi) at WOT.

I have had a hard time sourcing a turbo ecu and spark control.
Thoughts?

Place a wanted ad for turbo LH 2.4 computers and I guarantee someone will PM you within the hour with a set. For that matter, I've got a set I would sell you.

I have very little time due to my job and family. In the next week I do have three days off in a row. (I usually have 1). I have had a hard time sourcing a turbo ecu and spark control. I was thinking of doing my +t swap during these extremely rare few days.

I know the NA ecu does not have boost read ability. And that the ignition mapping is aggressive.

It is a daily driver. I don't plan on any racing until proper ecu and spark installed.

I figured I may pull back the timing a small amount. I'll install colder plugs as well.

Thoughts?

How are you going to pull back the timing?

You don't have to race to get into too much boost...(do you even have a boost gauge with real numbers?)

If you cannot figure out how to source the proper ECU, perhaps not a project you should tackle right now...how hard to use the classifieds or craigslist/ebay or?

I have a auto meter boost gauge. I have a wide band. I have all the tools. I have posted in the classifieds. One reply with more than wanting to spend. Nothing on the local CL and eBay has burned me one to many times. I will just put it off until I get an ecu. I can put on my coil over set up and some other restoration work on my days of.

Thanks guys.

There's a guy local to me that +T'd his '91 wagon with 740T parts from the junkyard I work at, still on N/A ECUs and injectors. At 10lbs its' starting to lean out up top, but otherwise has yet to ping, detonate or run funny. Pulls strong. The stock N/A AMM is pre-turbo as well.

just set the WG preload really loose, or just disconnect the WC arm and wire it open. You'll get practically no boost, while you search for a cheap Turbo ECU.

If you've got the time to wrench on it now, no real reason not to.

Back