• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Let's talk about the P3 B6304T4 engine

WillettRun?

†John3:16
300+ Club
Howdy all,

I am shopping around for an engine to put in the 244 and I am interested in this engine. The bellhousing pattern, Crankshaft bolt pattern, and starter placement are the same as the whiteblock. The obvious difference is that all of the accessories are driven at the back of the engine. Obviously this is less than ideal. Before potentially blowing a band on an engine for testing purposes, I figured i would ask around beforehand to see if anyone has sought to or successfully remedied this situation by relocating the drive and the accessories to the "front" of the engine. At a very minimum, I only require the alternator and perhaps an AC compressor.

Irony, I have the poiwagon here with me, lol. I mean in reference to the p3 SI6 engine, however.

I don't think you'll get it front mounted.

There is no front crank pulley to start. Even if you pull the front plug out, it is an empty barren wasteland of nothing.

Do they actually have the same pattern? The starter on the si6 is under the engine, not under the intake like the white blocks

^This. If you want to come up with a sump & all.

Are LS undesirable model 3/4-ton 4L80E cosmetically challenged, but mechanically cared for trucks/vans & holley oil pans made of gold where you live? :lol:

Or S80s/960s for that matter? :lol:

Just wanna be different? (don't blame you/no shade/shame).
Given where all the accessories are, presumably you'd either have to custom figure out a crank pulley?
&/or basically eliminate brake booster/anything & everything near/around the firewall/entire front mcpherson-strut RWD engine bay/tube frame car Buchka fake racecar style? (props?)

Last edited:
I see also that the volvo SPA 4cyl also accepts the m66 and the tf80sc. It is less expensive and has traditional accessory locations.

Well, the alternator is under the intake manifold.
A/C compressor is pointing in the other direction, above the transmission, driven by a short stretch belt.
The water pump and PS pump are on the exhaust side of the engine, also pointing towards front of engine. It's been a long time since I worked on that engine, so not 100% sure of the PS pump.

So from accessories standpoint, ditch the ac compressor and its OK?

Well, the alternator is under the intake manifold.
A/C compressor is pointing in the other direction, above the transmission, driven by a short stretch belt.
The water pump and PS pump are on the exhaust side of the engine, also pointing towards front of engine. It's been a long time since I worked on that engine, so not 100% sure of the PS pump.

So from accessories standpoint, ditch the ac compressor and its OK?

That's a fair possibility. Perhaps it may be possible to add an AC compressor in the opposite direction into belt loop. It's very hot in Texas and retaining AC is important. If only 48 volt systems were more readily available, an electrical ac compressor could potentially be utilized.

I would be into a the Spa 4 Cyl swap (VEA/VEP). That would be interesting. Traditional mounting, the engine is TINY, just feed the mechanical high pressure fuel pump and you're good. A nice tune from MAXXECU.

Jordan

Unfortunately there are no current plans to run direct Injection on Maxxecu. I have to stick to port Injection only. However, perhaps not, as I do have a syvecs unit from my mk3 focus RS sitting about that could be used. That however would increase the expenses, as I wanted to do a BMW dct as well, and use Maxxecu only for engine and DCT control. Using syvecs would save me from buying an ECU, however.

Back