• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

15g CHRA damage question.

Tfrasca

Hey, it's me again, with another round of "Would You Run This?"

Looks like the compressor housing on this 15g got bumped or rotated, and it sheared the pin off and crumpled the casting on that portion of the CHRA. The housing has similar damage, but will be replaced. Questions is: will this damage prevent a good seal between housing and CHRA? There's a decent amount of overlap, plus the o-ring of course. But I'd hate to rebuild this turbo only to have it blow said o-ring out of the side at 10 psi.

Thoughts?

0014370D-185B-4FD4-9BEC-D7C33862B3CF_zpscnzr5fuo.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Id weld up then machine down, but ive got the tools to do so. The turbobricks method id choose is jbweld

That looks good enough that I'd try it--the o-ring groove is still intact, so it should seal OK. I don't think there will be any space for the ring to escape, even with that part missing. Have you tried putting in the o-ring and putting on the compressor housing to see what it looks like?

That looks good enough that I'd try it--the o-ring groove is still intact, so it should seal OK. I don't think there will be any space for the ring to escape, even with that part missing. Have you tried putting in the o-ring and putting on the compressor housing to see what it looks like?

I actually looked at it last night with the original housing, and I think it'll seal up just fine. I have a 19t wheel and housing on the way, and I think I'll just run it as-is.

Back