• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

B200FT/B230FT - What turbo?

Fretka

Ssup guys,
Long time haven't had that pleasure to read heart warming comments on TB :oogle:

Running TD04 16T right now at about 1.4-1.5bar and I think it's time for something a little more modern than the old hotbox.
Setup:
B200FT (probably switching to B230 bottom sooner or later)
Stock 530 head ;(
ENEM V15 cam
Adjustable cam gear
EVO 510cc injectors
3" exhaust
Cold air intake with no MAF
Bigass IC
Megasquirt ECU with Ford 4cyl coil pack

Future upgrades:
Exhaust headers
Something with the poor intake or 530 head (maybe 531)
Rods

Car is pushing about 230bhp with that setup right now, which makes me kinda sad, since "achieving 300hp goal is easy peasy".

Goal? Anything that is drivable with the setup mentioned before (boost builds up proper fast) but can supply up to, lets say, 400bhp.

Since I know precisely zero about turbos (GT243958XXHYBRIDCOLDAIRSCANIABLABLA 0.45823405 TRIM 2340ajgdsgnlfvb) some kind of ultra-beginner intro would be nice.
Ofcourse, going the cheap china ebay choo choo way because of budget.

Three cheapass turbos for example:
https://www.maxpeedingrods.co.uk/un...4-v-band-oil-0-63-a-r-turbo-turbocharger.html

https://www.maxpeedingrods.co.uk/t2...-water-cooled-turbocharger-gt2871-gt2860.html

https://www.maxpeedingrods.co.uk/t3-gt3582-gt35-ar-63-anti-surge-turbo-turbocharger.html

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I want immediate spool, and the potential for 800 hp on my 1965 tractor engine.
And above all, it should only cost about 45 dollars shipped.

You have to realize that this turbo does not exist.
It is always a tradeoff between power, response and cost.

Want response? Good, keep your mitsu.
Want power for cheap? HY35, T3/T04E, etc.
Want power and response? Twin scroll manifold with a nice Borg Warner turbo $$$$$$$$

Want power for cheap? HY35, T3/T04E, etc.

Yes, thank you.
Problem solved, case closed, we can lock this.

But really I am just looking forward to understanding how to pick a turbo, because there are many people on threads like these telling "i have the hx35, it spools nicely and boosts really good", which gives me pretty much nothing. I have seen plenty of swedes pushing 500hp out of 8v 230 redblocks with different turbos.

And if that would be that one and only super expensive borgwarner turbo, which one would it be? You are saying that there is no chineez turbo that could be close to that one regarding specs?

P.S. - giving comment (or comparing to 16t or something) on the turbos seen in links above would be helpful as well

GT3071 or anything in the 60/55mm turbine wheel range will work well. Get something with the smallest compressor wheel possible.

I'm really happy I spent a bit of time adapting a k24 off an s60r onto the latest 244 +t I did. Very decent response, cheap, and should breathe enough for a easy enough 300 something with supporting mods.
I'd call it very drivable, have yet to hear concrete facts on the HP they would run out of puff to support, I think there was a compressor map posted a while back that would help answer that. Few whiteblock guys are making some big claims with aftermarket compressor wheels and such..

I'm really happy I spent a bit of time adapting a k24 off an s60r onto the latest 244 +t I did. Very decent response, cheap, and should breathe enough for a easy enough 300 something with supporting mods.
I'd call it very drivable, have yet to hear concrete facts on the HP they would run out of puff to support, I think there was a compressor map posted a while back that would help answer that. Few whiteblock guys are making some big claims with aftermarket compressor wheels and such..

Thanks for reply. Any comment here is helpful.
I have not heard about K24 before. Will look into it.

To make this thread (maybe) more clear, let's set the goal to 350bhp.

Last edited:
Looking for some dyno sheets or at least videos of pulls with B200/B230 + GT35 turbo. Looks like with proper mods it should fully spool up below 5000 rpm. By increasing rev limit to 7k rpm that should feel fine in between 4000-7000.

With current mods and future mods planned, i would suggest what harald said.. GTX30xx or similar bw would be perfect. Dual bb and a .82 divided housing with a proper twinscroll header; perfect recipe for new goals. Capable of 2bar if needed.

Back