• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Nitrous as fuel only

nathaninwa

The Beloved Oarnge Juice
300+ Club
I'm prepaired to get beat up here. New engine has a nylon intake and I would like to run staged injection. So while I'm looking into that possibility, I thought I'd ask you guys your thoughts on using a nitrous fogger nozzle or 2, to spray some oxygenates race gas over running a bunch more injectors. Will it atomize proper without the nitrous coming in as well?

I'd like to run pump gas then spray the fuel under wot using a standalone fuel tank

Thoughts?

:roll: You beast, you. You must be on the wrong forum.

How many people are going to have experience with a crazy ass setup like that here?

You guys are all my friends and thought I'd ask first here. The knowledge base is huge on this forum

I built my own alcohol injection with a nitrous fogger noze and a shurflow pumo at 90psi. It seemed to atomize really nicely. I will send you a picture of the nozzle.

it oughta do alright, there may be solenoids better suited for a fuel than that though, and the life expectancy may be shorter than you'd think as well..

I do have a meth kit, so i could use a sure flow pump for the project. I could also run an arming switch that would double as a timing/fuel table switch input so it's not in use all the time

I'm just looking for additional octane

I am planning on doing the exact opposite. Im gonna run nitrous into my foggers without fuel and use my injectors to spray fuel.

if you put 1 fogger in each runner with equal jets and some sort of table switch on your ecu to cut the main injectors back as the foggers come on it will work ok until it backfires that plastic manifold off. use a fuel solenoid and keep the lines short between the foggers and solenoid so it doesn't suck up too much gas when you lift off the throttle.

1 fogger per runner? I was thinking 1 or 2 foggers in front of the throttle body

What kind of glue would I use in that application. Manifold is nylon 6-6

I wonder if McMaster has round nylon rod. I'll check them out, need a ream anyways

or you can run 2 fuel pressure regulators pumps and tanks with check valves and then just switch witch pump is running at full throttle with table switching then you can push that oxegenated fuel through the existing injectors

like this
6eQgMM.jpg

those vw bungs are threaded so you can tap the plastic put some epoxy on the threads and screw them in

That got me thinking. I can get some 6/6 nylon from McMaster, 3/4 od with 1/2 id which is perfect to mill out. I can thread the od of the tubing and then tap the runner at an angle and screw it together with some a/b epoxy or JB weld

Just buy a wet shot kit and dont use the nitrous half of the system. I dont see why it wouldnt work. Then you also have the option to add nitrous later

The real worry has been fuel distribution with out the 1000psi of nitrous really fogging out to atomize and keep it suspended. The ultimate fix is thread in bungs and running ethanol. Then there is no question anymore

Honesty, glad I started this and burstcurse chimed in with them vw plugs, that got me on the path of tapping the manifold and threading my injector bungs

That's what sucks with those intakes being nylon, and the BBK is about the only solid cast intake that anyone sells that's worth a crap. There's too much IFs with the professional products manifold. But of course, that's more monies.

what about some K-jet injectors? couldn't you run cold start injectors wired to a switch? I think that they can be run constant for a good amount of time..

Why not just run a nitrous plate? Works well for thousands of others. My fast has bungs for one nozzle per runner.

Back