• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

RWD IPD Pegs issues.

Ursan

Bored Member
Anyone ever have issues with these rimps getting bent or out of round?

I'm currently (for the moment) running BFG Advantage T/A 225/50R17. It almost feels like tread separation or loose lugs. I can't *see* any wobble when the car is in motion, but I can feel it.

I'm going to have my tires swapped out for Conti ExtremeContact DWS 06 225/45/R17 later this month, but was also going to have the rims checked for true and out round.

Any other thoughts?

Jack it up, rotate each wheel, look carefully on both inner and outer edges (inners are far more likely to get bent). Hold something like a ruler against an unmoving part for visual reference.

If you can't see it, it's not bent enough to matter.

them there tarrs are getting fairly old now, and they came from the local recycler when I put 'em on the pegs. I'd bet it's a tire thing, not a wheel thing.

How old are your BFGs? It would not surprise me if they got out of balance halfway through their service life.

As for the DWS06s, those should fix both your comfort and sizing problems.

How old are your BFGs? It would not surprise me if they got out of balance halfway through their service life.

As for the DWS06s, those should fix both your comfort and sizing problems.

However old they are those things deserve a medal! I put them on in early 2013 and I think I paid like $100 for the set from the recycling yard! They were nice and quiet to drive on, too.

them there tarrs are getting fairly old now, and they came from the local recycler when I put 'em on the pegs. I'd bet it's a tire thing, not a wheel thing.

You're prolly right. As I said, they're going away end of the month. I'm fairly certain it's not the rims, but wanted to ask of the IPDs had any known issues.

*$100 tires from 2013*

“What could possibly be wobbling???”

Jk jk

I just replaced some tires so bad they caused the rear of the car to undulate about an inch back and forth. They still had plenty of tread. Sometimes it really just be like that, you know?

I was at a cruise night the other week and watched a guy in a glass t-bucket come in with a rear tire wobbling the back of the car around like that. I got a good laugh out of it.

However old they are those things deserve a medal! I put them on in early 2013 and I think I paid like $100 for the set from the recycling yard! They were nice and quiet to drive on, too.

Ding ding, chicken dinner winnar.

The right rear tire was a blow out in process. The inner sidewall was near complete tread separation causing a wobble.

Why it didn't esplode while driving I'll never know.

Conti ExtremeContact DWS is teh sh!t.

Like butter.

Never had any issue with my RWD IPD pegs. Ran the coni DWS on them. Now that the 940 is gone I need to sell them. Happy to hea found the issue.

Back