• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Installing a 960 wagon spoiler on a 945

8587turbo

I have a 960/V90 wagon spoiler that uses clips to attach to hatch, its a oem spoiler. I would like to install on my 945 wagon...but would require drilling holes for the clips in rear hatch. Anyone use just use double sided tape? I've read several older threads stating they used tape , are they still attached to hatch or laying out on I-90 ? Thanks.

Mine was attached with a single strip of double sided tape across the top and I was blown away that it stayed on there. I imagine that if you actually put a decent amount of tape on it you would have no problems. I've had the spoiler taped on my 242 for years.

The stuff you want is molding tape of exterior attachment tape. 3m makes a really good version of this.

I made plastic tabs that I jb welded to the openings on the spoiler where those clips would go, to make it a flat surface, then used 3m HD double sided tape in 4 spots and it's been very strong. I've lost one of these spoilers before from using 1 long strip.

Back