• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Fuel/Spark tuning for LH 2.4/EZK with TunerPro!

It's one of the latest control units used, so as refined as things are going to get. No reason not to use it if they will work on your computer!

I have a few spares.. 954,967,939, and a 937.. I have an 8v project that runs on tlao fuel chip and stock ezk. Been thinking of makin a bin composed of the 984 stuff for and just tune from there. Albiet in its current state it at about 22mpg.

MrJaybeeze sir, may we/I get an updated XDF for the 951 computer, please? I've been using the 933 on the General Leif but I finally have a working wideband in my 240 again and snagged an Ostrich from the General to play with. :)

Hi Kyle

I will look into it when I get some free time, please remind me on FB or something if it takes too much time :-)

YS
JB

Had a bit of a read into this thread but 91 pages is quite a lot of info to digest...
I'm currently using TunerPro v5, and the ECU in my car is a 984. I'm having issues getting the latest XDF (v28, from July 2013) to work with the BIN file for this. Main 16x16 fuel map is coming up as all zeros, as is everything else I'm looking at. Same result with a 962, but I'm able to load the 937 one ok. I'm assuming this is a compatibility issue.

Do I have to / is it possible to get the BIN directly off my ECU? If so how can I do this?

As the ECU in my car is a 984, I'd ideally like to use that one for when I start making changes to the maps.

Any advice? Thanks!

EDIT: Have now tried the 954 bin and xdf, seems to work ok. What's the difference between the 954 and 984, other than the lack of immobiliser in the former? ANy difference in processor speeds?

Last edited:
Just for reference...

If you have a tune designed around the 016 MAF, changing to the 012 MAF and the associated table changes does not seem to require tuning changes. Hit tracing shows the same cells between the two.

Another oddity I found tonight though. While tuning I ended up with random tables that I could change the values on, but after saving them, then reopening, those changes were lost and the values were set at 200. Regardless of which table, the values stayed at 200. Reverting to a previous tune, then going back and changing the values, my values stayed. Not sure why the changes wouldn't stick, kinda strange.

Another oddity I found tonight though. While tuning I ended up with random tables that I could change the values on, but after saving them, then reopening, those changes were lost and the values were set at 200. Regardless of which table, the values stayed at 200. Reverting to a previous tune, then going back and changing the values, my values stayed. Not sure why the changes wouldn't stick, kinda strange.
I've experienced similar oddities before. I can't explain it but I've almost always been able to get around it some way or another.

At least I'm not alone.

Playing with the injector constants, I had a theory. Perhaps constant 1 is the volume injected, constant 4 is the time required to inject that amount. Raising 1 or lowering 4 leans things out.

I just swapped in some #80 to replace my #65 and had to drop #4 with far better results than increasing #1.

Playing with the injector constants, I had a theory. Perhaps constant 1 is the volume injected, constant 4 is the time required to inject that amount. Raising 1 or lowering 4 leans things out.

I just swapped in some #80 to replace my #65 and had to drop #4 with far better results than increasing #1.
Actually, you should've been lowering #1 if you were trying to lean it out! Raising #1 adds fuel just like raising #4 does.

Crazy. That’s not right!

On another note, I would like to change the temperature scale for the warm up tables but when I try to adjust it, it’s not working. There’s too much detail at temps I’ll never see and not enough for warm up. Jaybee, where ya at?

Or maybe I’ll just switch to Megasquirt(or something modern) sometime to increase my resolution. Not for a while, but I probably will some day.

Hi

Sometimes when a change won't stick it is due to limits posed in the xdf parameters, if the low range or high range is set it will of course not allow anything above or below.

Jaybee

I think the main time I experienced the values not changing to what I set and not letting me change it back to what it even was, was when playing with ignition timing. The really high numbers at high rpm and low load were up into the 50s for a couple of the bins and when I was copying an ignition map from one bin to another, it never saved those numbers as being that high. If you follow what I'm saying, hah.

Also, I've had issues with setting the idle speed by putting in my own numbers, but it hasn't really been an issue as I would then go into LH24 editor and bump it up, then come back to TunerPro and it'd be fine as it's a more accurate number instead of an actual rpm value.

Speaking of that, and the warm-up, though, I'd love to know if it's possible to change the temperatures over which you have control for both the warm-up and idle rpm. It worked for me to adjust the scale for the main fuel map and the WOT fuel add table, but it doesn't seem to work for the idle rpm and/or the warm up tables.

I am still using a version 26 or 28 of the 951 XDF, though. Can you make me an updated version, pretty please, Jaybee? :)

Hello Volvopeoples

I am a Volvofan from Swizerland and i was reading lot of topics here, it is a very nice Forum.

I don't want to start a whole new topic so i hope here is the right place to ask :)
I'm familiar with tuning LH 2.4 and Ezk116 with the .xdf Files from IPDown. Now a Friend of me has a 740 tic with b230et and a late version Motronic 1.1 with Fuelcut operation built in. yes right, there is no Overboost switch on the car! I found Ignition and Fuel main Map in the Bin, but i have no clue how to find the max Airflow allowed Bits in the bin. Have someone a xdf vor volvo motronic 1.1 or know how to find a way to bypass fuel cut?

I just ran into an issue on jaybeeze's latest 937 XDF that seems odd.

While tuning I turned off the Lambda feedback, then started tuning. After playing with it for a while I'm getting some wider than expected AFR swings despite a pretty smooth map. After turning down the lambda authority it appears the map is way off.

It appears that the flag to turn off lambda isn't working as such. Once I get the car on the road again (trans is finally cooked), I will pull the authority down to 2%, then dial in the map, then add back in the authority.

This could explain some of the funky issues people have had with mapping not quite working out, unless it's only me that's had that (possible, with my luck...lol).

Back