• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Ecotec3 LV3 - Direct Injection

DI is bad ass, gets 365hp/420tq on 87 on a 3.5l V6... and 100hp on a tune alone.

And 640hp from the GT version of that engine, still 3.5L, at only around 10 psi boost... :nod:

Referring to the racing version of the GT, not the production road car, although they ended up at a pretty similar output on the road car.

I guess my big question now is, are we sure it will clear the hood? It's conceivable that the new tech makes the Gen V truck engines a little taller than the outgoing models. I haven't had any luck finding actual dimensions yet.

To hijack my own thread, does anyone know of a 240 running Ford's 2.3L Ecoboost?

I believe you could buy a 2.3 Eco boost, with "stand alone" from ford racing. This was a couple of years ago. It was designed to be swapped into other cars.

Edit- The PCM directly from Ford as a stand alone. Not bad deal since it will probably run like factory once plugged in.

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-6017-23T

Jordan

Last edited:
I guess my big question now is, are we sure it will clear the hood? It's conceivable that the new tech makes the Gen V truck engines a little taller than the outgoing models. I haven't had any luck finding actual dimensions yet.

To hijack my own thread, does anyone know of a 240 running Ford's 2.3L Ecoboost?

I put a 2.0L Ecoboost into a Merkur, a Volvo 240 would be a lot easier.

There isn't a power steering pump on that engine.

That's what MR2 or Mini electro-hydraulic pumps are for :oogle:

Or go full retard and swap to an electric assist column like we did on my E36 Lemons car.
And you can put a pump on anything.
I put a volvo pump on the LH motor mount of the L28 going in the 52 pickup.
As easy as an electric rack? Maybe. Not sure. I mean, I was changing the crossmember to use the 940 stuff anyway, I could probably have done it with electric.

And you can put a pump on anything.
I put a volvo pump on the LH motor mount of the L28 going in the 52 pickup.
As easy as an electric rack? Maybe. Not sure. I mean, I was changing the crossmember to use the 940 stuff anyway, I could probably have done it with electric.

I was referring to an electric column from a Prius, used in conjunction with the stock rack. I think it could work really well on a 240.

Here's what we did: https://www.facebook.com/BlackIronRacing/posts/1410413699077821

I found the dimensions of the LV1/LV3 engine. The LV3 has Active Fuel Management (i.e., cylinder deactivation); the LV1 does not.

GM-4.3L-V-6-LV1-engine-003.jpg

Height = 31.3"
Length = 26.5"
Width = 25.2"

Any clues if it that intake manifold will clear the hood?

Back