• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Achieving 250hp - What are your setups?

The_Geoffrey

So as the title suggests, tell me all about your setups, especially if your hitting the 250hp marker.

I?m planning on getting there at the end of this year and would love to know your experiences, brands you?ve used, problems you?ve faced and overcome.

I have a 95? 940 B230FT with an auto box.

A B6304S+T and 6 psi :)

Probably not what you're after, but it certainly is fun to drive!

Is this the 6 pot out of the 960/V90?? Does sound like a lot of fun!

Truth be told I’d love a pre-facelift 740 saloon and then put a T5 engine in but beggars can’t be choosers :lol:

Im running b230 +T. 385cc injectors, 19T turbo, NPR intercooler, Chips, Aw71. Not sure if its 250? But it scoots. About to change to E85. Oh yeh, V cam. Advanced 4 degrees.

Im running b230 +T. 385cc injectors, 19T turbo, NPR intercooler, Chips, Aw71. Not sure if its 250? But it scoots. About to change to E85. Oh yeh, V cam. Advanced 4 degrees.

How does it feel over standard? the only thing I?ve done is an MBC and turned the boost up to 12psi and that felt like quite a big difference.

How is the gearbox handling the power?

body 944

b230FT
I can only 150 whp with 0.5 bar boost with LH 2.4, stock exhaust, 380 injector.

B234FT
as same only 155 whp with 0.5bar boost with stock exhaust, something went wrong.
185 whp with 0.5 bar change damage cathartic with new exhaust 2.5" all.
225 whp with 0.8 bar boost with 440 injector
255 whp with 0.9 bar 550 injector.

ZF auto trans start sign of problems since 190 whp.....

so
250 whp engine is still good some guy can put moer boost with healthy to 300, but you will got an auto trans problem as soon.
200 whp is my recommend for daily use with low maintenance cost.

Using a 20% drive line loss. The 200whp is about ~240hp at the crank. A set of chips in LH2.4. A turbo upgrade like a 16T set at about 15lbs along with injectors and an 2.5-3" exhaust should give you that hp range.

@redwood - I have seen these articles in the FAQ, It’s not so much knowing what’s needed, as I already know, but more curious to see what different setups people have used.

@zhor - 200whp is plenty for me, it’s not really a daily, more of a casual car I use instead of my van. I’d like to future proof it for 300hp/250whp if I can which is why I was going with a 19t turbo.

@cwdodson - has a very quick look at your project thread, that is a sweet ride you have!! What are you making at the wheels?

@dl242gt - that’s basically the setup I was looking at but with a 19t. I’ve got a huge chinaBay intercooler to go on and I’ll making all new 2.5inch hardpipes.

Using a 20% drive line loss. The 200whp is about ~240hp at the crank. A set of chips in LH2.4. A turbo upgrade like a 16T set at about 15lbs along with injectors and an 2.5-3" exhaust should give you that hp range.

That exact setup + KL Racing Intercooler is what I'm running on my 97 945 with the B230FT.
Running at 13psi / 0.9bar it feels close to 200whp according to my butt dyno.
Those upgrades have quite the effect for the small amount of work they require in my opinion.

No dyno numbers yet from me, I keep breaking things. Clutch went, trans went, rear went, so now I have no ideas.

But current setup ran 8.01 1/8th combined with r/t. So best guesstimate is about 250whp

Worn out b230ft, 57trim turbo, 3inch turboback exhaust, ipd cam, stock manifolds, 012maf, tlao chips, eBay 3 inch intercooler, 75lb injectors, e85, aw71 and 20psi. 265whp and 280wtq. Super reliable

Junkyard motor, VX cam, T04E turbo, Deka 80# injectors, Walbro 255 in tank pump, Microsquirt using LH2.2 disty hall sensor, 2.5" exhaust, no cat.

At 12 PSI
202 WHP @6000 RPM
187 Tq @5400 RPM

Dynapack dyno

This was with a burnt valve and exhaust leak between manifold and turbo.

250whp is fairly easy to hit. moderate turbo upgrade (16t/19t/ t3-60/ that sort of thing), exhaust, maybe a cam to make it easier, might want to think about an intercooler, and tuning of some sort.

as far as the transmission is concerned, accumulator shimming and an upgraded trans cooler, it'll be fine for a while there.

My B23 with LH 2.4, 3" MAF, 60 lb. injectors, 19t, IPD turbo cam, and eBay intercooler had to be right around 250 whp at 18-20 psi.

These setups are pretty much where I was thinking of heading. Nice to see the numbers I want are, apparently at least, fairly easy and safe to obtain.

250whp would be lovely, not sure how long my trans would last though, it doesn’t feel very tight, won’t know until I find out!!

A few of you guys are running the E85 fuel with great numbers, not sure how readily available that would be in the UK so I’ll just go with 98/99 Ron pump fuel for now.

The spec in putting together is as follows:

TD04HL-19T - set are 14-15 psi to start with
Big 3inch cooler (already purchased)
3inch exhaust with no cat
IPD turbo can
Bigger Injectors
3 inch MAF (where do I get one off these??)
Chips - everyone seems to be using TLAO so I’ll probably do the same.

Should be a laugh until it breaks!!

Back