• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Volvo 242 3SGE Beams blacktop swap

Those are great motors but i wouldn't boost it without E-85. Older motor with high comp tend to pop.

The 3SGE beams is the same engine as the 91-95 MR2 turbo except high compression and non turbo. They are also turbo'd in Celica AWDs. The Beams came in the Altezza in Japan which is a IS300 here. hese motors are absolute beasts and can be made bullet proof. Its the lil brther of the venerable 3JZGTTE to give you an idea.

I know Top Secret in Japan took a 3SGE and mounted it into a MKIV Supra to have better weight distribution and it made well north of 800WHP.

Put a pad lock on your belt buckle and throw away the key before opening this link....

http://www.superstreetonline.com/featuredvehicles/gt300_toyota_supra_tops_200mph/

There is differences between the 3SGE Beams and the 3SGTE other then the turbo and CR though. However you can easily swap in forged pistons and have fun with it.

shouldn't be any worse than any other engine swap I'd think. you can turbocharge anything, the how and where you want it to make power will kind of dictate what direction one might oughta go with the CR, but if E-85 is an option it's not quite as critical.

The problem you would have is clearance with the steering rod, brake booster, i had to modify the header to clear the steering rod and event then I only have like 1 inch of clearance , but altezza guy's are boosting them up to 7-8 psi without any issue but bent rods are pretty common past 8 psi, even then fuel/ignition management would be kinda difficult with dual vvt-i .

Poulrais if you want more info contact me , i'm the owner of the car

The problem you would have is clearance with the steering rod, brake booster, i had to modify the header to clear the steering rod and event then I only have like 1 inch of clearance , but altezza guy's are boosting them up to 7-8 psi without any issue but bent rods are pretty common past 8 psi, even then fuel/ignition management would be kinda difficult with dual vvt-i .

Poulrais if you want more info contact me , i'm the owner of the car

I was just curious to know if anybody had done this before on TB... I've spent alot of $$$$ already on my Turbo 16V swap so unless I blow up my engine I don't think I'll adventure myself into a project like yours even though I think it's a very nice one! :nod:

Why +T?

I recently made some parts for a 3SGE 2.2 ltr. Made 320 crank HP. 8400 RPM redline.

as said, if your gunna bother turboing it why not just get a rev3 3sgte to begin with

Back