• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

What else do I need do I need for my turbo conversion?

VolvoEmpire

My car 87 244

Car I pulled parts from 940 turbo (not sure of the year)

image_zpst2tdoqen.jpeg

Not pictured a few oil lines, an electric fan setup and relay, and a header down pipe.

What else do I need to gather to start this conversion??

It seems you forgot some vital parts. Exhaust manifold. Intercooler and plumbing which you should source from a 740 turbo as it will fit without hacking up your car. Ezk ignition box. Oil cooler setup(which you can cobble in your 240).

This has to be a joke right? You only got two of the correct parts and one more than likely wont work. Youve got a turbo. Now return the othet junk and get an EXHAUST manifold, downpipe, oil drain, coolant lines, coolant bottle to rad hose, all the intake piping, right injectors, ezk ecu and harness from an 80s 740, fuel ecu from an 80s 740, coolant bottle and bracket, intercooler and brackets, and some other junk i cant think of right now.

Not sure if Trolling . . . . .

you're going to need
*The manifold that turbo was sitting on
*The intercooler - what you have there is the AC condenser
*Intercooler piping
*All Radiator Hoses (New) for turbo 740
*Oil Feed lines
*LH 2.2 turbo computer
*EZK ignition conversion - that chrysler unit you have now innit gonna cut it.
*resistor pack for the green top injectors you have there
*If your going to use that down pipe from the 740 it will need to be cut and shortened

My conversion from my 88 240 I had <--RIP
Click

Let me know if you need a resistor pack and some extra injectors. I have a working set and resistor pack, they just need new caps and o rings.

I also am here to give you crap about the condenser picture. That only makes you go slower, dude.

But on the realness, the most difficult part of the conversion on a pre 89 240 is the wiring. Pre 89 is Bosch LH2.2 for the fuel side, but on the spark side it has the Chrysler ignition box underhood. Time has proven it to be more robust than any of the modern Mopar ECU/wiring quality, but ranting aside, you need to learn how to convert to a turbo ignition box. Fuel side is easy. Plug and play.

I suggest you keep the electrical hack work to a minimum and carefully do something cool.

This has to be a joke right? You only got two of the correct parts and one more than likely wont work. Youve got a turbo. Now return the othet junk and get an EXHAUST manifold, downpipe, oil drain, coolant lines, coolant bottle to rad hose, all the intake piping, right injectors, ezk ecu and harness from an 80s 740, fuel ecu from an 80s 740, coolant bottle and bracket, intercooler and brackets, and some other junk i cant think of right now.

I have l of those things except some of the coolant hoses and lines.

I also am here to give you crap about the condenser picture. That only makes you go slower, dude.

But on the realness, the most difficult part of the conversion on a pre 89 240 is the wiring. Pre 89 is Bosch LH2.2 for the fuel side, but on the spark side it has the Chrysler ignition box underhood. Time has proven it to be more robust than any of the modern Mopar ECU/wiring quality, but ranting aside, you need to learn how to convert to a turbo ignition box. Fuel side is easy. Plug and play.

I suggest you keep the electrical hack work to a minimum and carefully do something cool.

Lol I have the intercopler, my friend had told me that was it, he was wrong.

Here's my semi-useless guide with real instructions in the description.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/w5fcHtSXcMM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Just grab 5 cylinder turbo injectors and don't worry about he resistor pack (sorry to cock block your sale cwdodson88).

They're a direct drop in.

Just grab 5 cylinder turbo injectors and don't worry about he resistor pack (sorry to cock block your sale cwdodson88).

They're a direct drop in.

Agreed. Just went through this process myself, though I haven't made a build thread for the car yet... Also found on S60s, and other various cars.

Bosch PN 0280155831. Flowing just a tiny bit less, these are roughly equivalent to the stock turbo green tops.

Back