• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

No Boost Enrichment? 012, s60r injectors, 19t

Mbeas96

My car is - 1990 745 lh2.4, 012 AMM, s60r 42lb injectors, 19t, 3" open exhaust, chipped 9xx series fuel computer, stock black box ezk (no chip) AEM UEGO wide and o2

I have only driven ~100 miles on this new setup (turbo, amm, injectors) and I wanted to try out getting into boost. Figured lh would have learned enough to not blow up, driving in 3rd around 50mph and I start to build psi slowly, it goes up to 10psi and the afrs haven't dipped below 14!

I have an open downpipe as of right now...so I definitely can't tell if it's knocking. I can't tell if the powers there or not because I'm scared to actually put my foot down.

I tried a couple two or three more pulls, building up to 6psi and nothing. No boost enrichment at all. If it's a cold start, it goes rich until it warms up (normal) on decel while driving it goes full lean (normal)

The chip I have in lh box was originally ran with t5 injectors and 016 amm with no boost enrichment issues, only super rich in boost. Will the chip for the 016 mess everything up since I'm running the 012?

I've thought amm, but I currently don't have a spare 012 to try out.

Other than no boost enrichment, it has been fine driving for the last 100 miles. No smoke, weird sounds, bad sounds...I just wanna go fast. Safely.

Edit; thoughts of a fouled wide band sensor? I'm not sure that makes sense, considering it tracks everything else like there's nothing wrong. But after reading up on the o2 sensor recently, your not supposed to let anything touch the end of the sensor? I didn't know that prior...so I'm sure the wideband o2 was set in my passenger seat, probably tapped the tip against the exhaust a couple times...maybe this is wishful thinking.

Last edited:
If it is one of my chips let me know and I can swap it out for a 012 chip that has more enrichment down low especially for the 19T. (even if it isn't PM me and we can talk)

So those are the 468cc/min green top injectors?

Depending on what the map looks like on the 016 chip you might just need a new chip with more enrichment down loan. if you can Try a 3.5bar or 4 bar FPR to get a bit more fuel pressure going on. 10psi is way to high without enrichement.

Have you gone over the car checking for vac and pressure leaks? I have seen some cases where AMM's can make a car run very differently. One AMM has 10:1 afr's another AMM with no other changes is 13:1 afr's and then another is perfect 11.5:1 afr's with no other changes but the AMM. That is a major problem with these cars is just the age of the sensors and parts along with the miles on them is just LH is getting to be at the end of its limits for some of the things we are doing with it.

What are your idle and cruise AFR's?

If it is one of my chips let me know and I can swap it out for a 012 chip that has more enrichment down low especially for the 19T. (even if it isn't PM me and we can talk)

So those are the 468cc/min green top injectors?

Depending on what the map looks like on the 016 chip you might just need a new chip with more enrichment down loan. if you can Try a 3.5bar or 4 bar FPR to get a bit more fuel pressure going on. 10psi is way to high without enrichement.

Have you gone over the car checking for vac and pressure leaks? I have seen some cases where AMM's can make a car run very differently. One AMM has 10:1 afr's another AMM with no other changes is 13:1 afr's and then another is perfect 11.5:1 afr's with no other changes but the AMM. That is a major problem with these cars is just the age of the sensors and parts along with the miles on them is just LH is getting to be at the end of its limits for some of the things we are doing with it.

What are your idle and cruise AFR's?

I'll definitely shoot you a pm, interested in seeing different chip options anyways. They are not your chips.

They are the all green body 42lbs? Injectors from the s60r, I only chose these as that's what everyone else seems to run with the 012.

I have a 3.8bar dodge fpr on the shelf, but was trying to keep away from "bandaiding"

I have not pressure tested the system since putting the hot side together. Everything seems tight but ya know..

Idle afr's try to stay 14.7, it seems it goes a little high at time up to 16, sometimes as low as 13.xx but definitely tries to stay stoich.

Same with cruising. Pretty steady 14.7

Running the same turbo, injectors, AMM, but WITH TLAO chips; I've also noticed that part throttle doesn't result in much more than stoich. I cannot say this is true at 10psi..... I think it was more like 5 psi just easing into traffic. However, at WOT I have ~ 11.5 to 12.0 AFRs with the pair of standard TLAO 6500 RPM chips and wasted spark (which I'm sure has nothing to do with enrichment).

If there is a chip upgrade for the OP's setup, I may be interested as well. It's been so long since my original setup came out of the car, I really don't remember what "part throttle boost" resulted in AFRs...... but I do know it went pig rich 10.0 at WOT. That setup was used the stock AMM, browntops, and an old school Garrett T3..... with the same TLAO chips.

It seems the boost enrichment issue is down to the 012. I've put the 016 back on along with the green giants. And it definitely enriches. Too much I'd say, shooting quickly below 10, makes the engine Rev slow and feel like there's no power.

I'm tempted to put the t5 injectors back in. It was rich at wot, but it wasn't THAT rich.

If you just put in the 016 without resetting the ECU you are messing with the scaling learning of the ECU and I would expect it to run crazy rich.

Also it goes crazy rich as those injectors are slightly larger then the 016 map can handle.

If you just put in the 016 without resetting the ECU you are messing with the scaling learning of the ECU and I would expect it to run crazy rich.

Also it goes crazy rich as those injectors are slightly larger then the 016 map can handle.

I guess I didn't mention, but I pulled the battery before swapping them. Drove for about 30 miles before trying to boost.

Last night I swapped the fuel injectors back to the t5s for now. I don't want to blow up from rich or lean.

I'll track down a replacement 012 amm and give it a try at some point soon. I'll definitely be interested in a set of chips soon as well.

Do you have a chip burner? I have some DIY bin files which worked well with a similar setup as yours.

What I did:

Used 012 MAF constants in the bin.
Adjusted the #4 injector constant to something around 18-1900. (I had 470cc/min injectors)

Main load table:
Added fuel in top 2 load cells at low rpm (2000-3000)
Reduce fuel at high rpm (3500+, stock LH goes pig rich here)

This gave acceptable AFR's for me up to 1.3 bars tested.
Instant enrichment when boost kicked in.

Also I turned lambda feedback off.
Still 14.5-7 at cruise, even without O2 sensor.

Last edited:
Back