• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Nitrous B230

Put a wet kit on it, put some good fuel in it, probably don't run more than a 75 shot without being able to pull timing, get ready to break things. I'm quite certain from personal experience that in proper condition, with a good tune and good fuel in it, your engine can handle the power. Can't really speak for the rest of your drivetrain.

Nah dog, get a bunch of whippet cans and one of those little crackers the tweakers use. Run a hose into one of the vacuum nipples on the intake and pull the trigger when you wanna smoke some rice burners. Plus it's food grade, so you can huff it while you're waiting for the tow truck to show up.

I've been thinking about this, it seems like a much simpler solution than trying to +T a Regina car in the rust belt where if there's a turbo car in a junkyard, they know what they have.

I wonder how quickly a progressive 35 or 50 shot would turn an AW70 into shrapnel :thinking:

I've been thinking about this, it seems like a much simpler solution than trying to +T a Regina car in the rust belt where if there's a turbo car in a junkyard, they know what they have.

I wonder how quickly a progressive 35 or 50 shot would turn an AW70 into shrapnel :thinking:

Probably pretty quickly unfortunately. A +T is always the way to go for a little more passing power on a budget. I'm in the midst of doing a +T on a regina car. Wish me luck.

swap in an aw71 and step up to a real sized shot.

Right now there's nothing in the rules about nitrous, and I don't want to be the reason they add something, which they will if I start running away from everyone or I blow my **** into the pond. For that reason alone I don't think I'd want more than a 35 shot, plus the car's more or less competitive otherwise.

If the consensus is that an AW30 won't even hold that, on a 2s ramp with a WOT switch, I'll have to see if needing a stack of transmissions negates all the ease and convenience benefits over a +T.

Last edited:
Right now there's nothing in the rules about nitrous, and I don't want to be the reason they add something, which they will if I start running away from everyone or I blow my **** into the pond. For that reason alone I don't think I'd want more than a 35 shot, plus the car's more or less competitive otherwise.

If the consensus is that an AW30 won't even hold that, on a 2s ramp with a WOT switch, I'll have to see if needing a stack of transmissions negates all the ease and convenience benefits over a +T.

Aw71 is a direct swap and looks the same, but is roughly 3x as strong.

I ran 2 hits of nitrous on my 245 back in the late 90's. Totaled about 150hp. The motor had a set of pistons that I had gotten from Manley I believe. We adapted a set of Honda rods to make it work. I was no longer using fuel injection and had two 44 webbers and a header that I got from KG Trimning back in the day. I used an old school distributor (Vacuum advance B21 I think) and an MSD 6AL, msd 2 step and retard box. Ported head, K cam.
The car broke M46s like they were made of glass. It would destroy motor mounts,head gaskets, suspension pieces, etc. The last time I had started it it was just worn out. It was a fun car but a 1985 originally from Mass and succumbed to rust and I pulled all of the pieces and junked the car.
Now I just do turbo stuff. Power all the time and tune with a lap top.
George in DC

I ran 2 hits of nitrous on my 245 back in the late 90's. Totaled about 150hp. The motor had a set of pistons that I had gotten from Manley I believe. We adapted a set of Honda rods to make it work. I was no longer using fuel injection and had two 44 webbers and a header that I got from KG Trimning back in the day. I used an old school distributor (Vacuum advance B21 I think) and an MSD 6AL, msd 2 step and retard box. Ported head, K cam.
The car broke M46s like they were made of glass. It would destroy motor mounts,head gaskets, suspension pieces, etc. The last time I had started it it was just worn out. It was a fun car but a 1985 originally from Mass and succumbed to rust and I pulled all of the pieces and junked the car.
Now I just do turbo stuff. Power all the time and tune with a lap top.
George in DC

Thank you for your input!

Back