• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Rebuild kits for cd009?

turbowagon

I'm fixing to get my hands on a cd009 transmission model cd8. The guy says 5th gear is shot. Trans cost $130. Just trying to find a rebuild kit.

5th gear is shot is pretty vague. Is the gear bad or the synchro? That's the difference between expensive parts and not expensive parts.

Usually it's the fifth gear synchro that goes bad not the actual gear. The fifth gear on my 370z grinds if I put it in too fast at high revs. The car has 41K miles. It was like that when I bought it at 27K miles.

Thanks for the advise I'm going to use it. There's a guy that wants $550 for one that. Problem is alot of people don't know the miles that were on them.

Does he at least know what year/model the tranny came from? Don't buy anything before the 2006 year/date.

So it's going to be a hit and miss pretty much trying to find a good cd009. Maybe I should just stick to doing a t5 swap. I was trying to find a strong transmission so I didn't have to worry about it while I need up the motor. I haven't a clue what hp I'm shooting for yet. Right now there is a m46 behide my 740. Don't want to do anything to the motor until I get that thing out of there.

So it's going to be a hit and miss pretty much trying to find a good cd009. Maybe I should just stick to doing a t5 swap. I was trying to find a strong transmission so I didn't have to worry about it while I need up the motor. I haven't a clue what hp I'm shooting for yet. Right now there is a m46 behide my 740. Don't want to do anything to the motor until I get that thing out of there.

If you're not aiming at a 400+ whp goal you might as well go with the T5... You could find a recent CD009 (2008-2011) for a decent price but you'll have to get the Deeworks adapter that costs $360 USD. The T5 adapter is $225. You'd also need a shifter relocator which is another $350 to $500 depending on the make/model you'd choose.

Also you'd have to probably swap your final gear for a 3.31 because you'll hate the cd009 gear ratios if you don't.

Problem is getting the shifter in a spot where you can shift in a 740 using the t5. How you gonna do that? It's gonna be custom shifter, driveline, tranny mount, clutch disc, pressure plate. All that no matter what custom tranny you want. But getrag adapter is 150 from STS I believe.

I like getrag 265 bmw 5 speed myself. Super strong. Also no fitting problems. Also you can remove the tranny and leave the bellhousing in the car if you need to take it out for some reason.

shifty11.jpg

Last edited:
There is this CD009 from a 2008 G37 (usually not driven as hard as a 350/370z) in SC...

Attachments

• 2019-10-21_14-26-14.jpg
    2019-10-21_14-26-14.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 89
Got a hold of a 2009 cd8 mileage under a 100k. Picked it up today for $550 has to get it out a wrecked car. So one thing checked off my list. Next is the drive shaft. Finally gear. Adpeter, etc. Thanks for the advise forgot about swapping the 3.75 for a 3.31. shouldn't be hard to find that.

Got a hold of a 2009 cd8 mileage under a 100k. Picked it up today for $550 has to get it out a wrecked car. So one thing checked off my list. Next is the drive shaft. Finally gear. Adpeter, etc. Thanks for the advise forgot about swapping the 3.75 for a 3.31. shouldn't be hard to find that.

I may have one for sale... I was to install it on my 740 but I'm swapping a S14 complete subframe and diff instead.

I have the gear and the matching pinion.

I may have one for sale... I was to install it on my 740 but I'm swapping a S14 complete subframe and diff instead.

I have the gear and the matching pinion.

Whats an s14?

Gotta get some more money saved up to buy more stuff. It will be about a week or two.

Whats an s14?

Gotta get some more money saved up to buy more stuff. It will be about a week or two.

It's a Nissan 240sx from the 90's.

No worry it's on a shelf in my garage, still in the packaging it was delivered in! :lol:

Just pm me if you ever need it and can't find one closer to where you are.

So the driveshaft can I just swap the yokes out from the m46 to a cd009 yoke. Have read two threads and getting mixed up on what needs to happen here.

The shifter I can fab up something that's not hard for me.

So the driveshaft can I just swap the yokes out from the m46 to a cd009 yoke. Have read two threads and getting mixed up on what needs to happen here.

The shifter I can fab up something that's not hard for me.

The transmissions are different lengths. Here they are side by side.

2zf83eZl.jpg

If it is a 7/9 series, Yoshifab sells the front half. Here's mine:
GUzqCHJl.jpg

Back