• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Turbo does not spool fully

There are a ton of rad people here. Your quote above proves that you are one of the many people who use the internet as an excuse to be an asshole. It is nice that you took time out of your day to school someone who wasn't born knowing everything like you.

I like this - some guy who has seen less than 0.001% of my postings on the internet thinks he knows what I use the internet for.

Basically, I'm used to a forum that is - let's say - less strict than this place. I'm all for the sharing of knowledge, and this place is FULL of useful people and information which is fantastic, but there has to be room for people to have a laugh? I'm not just talking about the OT forum - all over needs a bit of fun injected into it. A lot of people on this site need to learn to be a bit less straight-laced and stagnant.

If you don't like it, don't react to it - simple as that.

The Garret has an external adjustable rod...but, from what I can tell with the Mitsu turbo , the "actuator rod" is built internally???
can the Mitsu be adjusted? if so, how?

thanks for your help!

I like this - some guy who has seen less than 0.001% of my postings on the internet thinks he knows what I use the internet for.

Basically, I'm used to a forum that is - let's say - less strict than this place. I'm all for the sharing of knowledge, and this place is FULL of useful people and information which is fantastic, but there has to be room for people to have a laugh? I'm not just talking about the OT forum - all over needs a bit of fun injected into it. A lot of people on this site need to learn to be a bit less straight-laced and stagnant.

If you don't like it, don't react to it - simple as that.

The only posts I have seen from you are in this thread. I don't care how many posts you have. I don't care how many posts I have. All I know is that you are being a ****brick towards the guy. You took time you "react" to his post by cracking jokes at his expense. If being a prick is considerd "injecting fun" then thats the last thing I think TB needs.

I am the furthest from straight laced and stagnant. It just pisses me off when people are dicks for no reason at all.

The only posts I have seen from you are in this thread. I don't care how many posts you have. I don't care how many posts I have. All I know is that you are being a ****brick towards the guy. You took time you "react" to his post by cracking jokes at his expense. If being a prick is considerd "injecting fun" then thats the last thing I think TB needs.

I am the furthest from straight laced and stagnant. It just pisses me off when people are dicks for no reason at all.

me saying "legend" all of a sudden becomes me "cracking jokes" and "being a ****brick"...?

rightoh

Anyone that reads the thread from start to finish will see what I mean. Im not trying to beat a dead horse and argue all day. Im sure you guys are good dudes. I just can't get into dogging on people right out of the gate for asking questions. Too often I hear about people saying they hate TB because of all the dudes that pick on them for trying to learn. I tell everyone I know with a volvo to check out TB if they are into forums and getting their DIY on.

I agree with you that TB could use some more fun stuff to keep things moving. I spend atleast 2 hours a day here just reading. Good threads and convos inspire great builds here and make the world go round in my opinion.

The Garret has an external adjustable rod...but, from what I can tell with the Mitsu turbo , the "actuator rod" is built internally???
can the Mitsu be adjusted? if so, how?

thanks for your help!
Unless someone has played with it already the actuator rod is probably not the issue. My mitsu cracked right near the actual valve on the exhaust side inside the housing, wasn't much of one but it kept the turbo to about 2 psi if I floored it, you could have a similar problem. Also your hoses should be firm but they get oil soaked over time, if they're squishy from the oil you may be losing pressure through the hose.

Thank you very much everybody... i now feel sufficiently retarded and will go cry in the corner...

well as a noob you get that, put next time a little more info would help. you probably spent 3-4 hours at least trying to figure it out. why not take 10 or 15 mins typing up a real question?

Unless someone has played with it already the actuator rod is probably not the issue. My mitsu cracked right near the actual valve on the exhaust side inside the housing, wasn't much of one but it kept the turbo to about 2 psi if I floored it, you could have a similar problem. Also your hoses should be firm but they get oil soaked over time, if they're squishy from the oil you may be losing pressure through the hose.

the first thing I did was check ALL the hoses and conections...all apeared OK...
I'll check if there is any noticeable cracks...thanks for the tip ;-)

As a new member I may have asked some dumb questions but never got any smart alec responses, most people here have gone out of there way to be helpful and friendly. That is the best way to keep growing the website. It only takes a few people to ruin that. Making fun of someone's ignorance is stupid and rude. We have all been there.

82 turbo wagon
IC
MBC
Need a good boost gauge I'm pegging the stock one

Last edited:
the first thing I did was check ALL the hoses and conections...all apeared OK...
I'll check if there is any noticeable cracks...thanks for the tip ;-)
The point is that the hoses may not show cracks or sound like they're leaking, if they're really soft and oil soaked they're letting pressure escape.

+1 I'd just replace them all. My wagon went through this phase. I replaced all the vac lines and replaced the flametrap and cleaned out the oil separator. Made sure everything was sealed and no kinks and what not. It made a huge difference. Also if youve modded your air box and used any extra material.. make sure hasn't came apart or plugged anything up. I had a piece come off of my walled in/cut air box but I couldn't see it till I took my head light off. I had my I/C off and everything first before I noticed. Needless to say I revamped the air box mod. :lol:

Unless someone has played with it already the actuator rod is probably not the issue. My mitsu cracked right near the actual valve on the exhaust side inside the housing, wasn't much of one but it kept the turbo to about 2 psi if I floored it, you could have a similar problem.[/B] Also your hoses should be firm but they get oil soaked over time, if they're squishy from the oil you may be losing pressure through the hose.

I just checked the Exhaust housing and...I found a crack!:pat:
thanks for the tip...

Looks like i'll be swapping on the Garret soon...

I have all the oil cooler lines, and CBV w/all hardware...

Will Garret from a 89 760 fit the 90 mitsu exhaust manifold,
I have the 89 manifold...but I hear the 90+ flow better...

Thanks,

Thank you very much everybody... i now feel sufficiently retarded and will go cry in the corner...

Well, you will find that many on here think they know everything and will jump on any chance to feel smart. As you are new to Turbobricks, probably new to Volvo's? and having questions, you will find the assholes. If you want real help sotring this out PM me on here and we will talk.

Back