• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Problem with S60R brake upgrade

BBR745T

I?m upgrading the brakes on my ?92 745 with ABS but I?ve hit a snag; the 740 hard line tub nut will not properly seal with the S60 flexible brake line (it leaks).

Questions:
-Are the brake hard lines flared differently (740 v S60R)? I believe they both use a bubble flare.
-Is the nut on the brake line different (steel tub nut) for the different generation cars? They?ve both listed as M10-1.0 but is one longer than the other?

Which "S60 flexible line" are you using? The factory line, or a third-party part?

Is the nut going all the way into the fitting on the flex? There should still be some thread visible. If the flats are all the way into the fitting, or if the hardline can be jiggled at all, then the nut's too shallow as you suspect and you're going to need a different flex line.

You might shoot Nick at Brake Hoses Unlimited an email (with pictures). He's been my go-to guy for weird hose configurations; helpful, quick, cost-effective. goodbrakes@brakehoses.biz

-The S60R calipers came with 3rd party stainless steel brake lines which were appropriate for that vehicle.
-Yes, I wonder if the nut on my 740?s brake hard line isn?t long enough. On the open market (non-Volvo sites) I see that these exist is shorter and longer versions.
-I?ll reach out to Nick at Brake Hoses. Thank you for the recommendation.

Back