• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

New York City 240 mechanic

lyndale1610

I have a 1990 volvo 240 manual wagon that runs pretty well but has terrible cold start and during hot weather will sometimes flood when the engine is hot. I have never not been able to start the car, keep the pedal down when flooded, but I want the car to start properly. Once the car is started, I don't have any trouble and have had the car on may seven hour dives in start and stop traffic on the East Coast. Anyone have a suggestion for a good mechanic in the area. My experience is that no one will work on 240's anymore.

Doing your own maintenance on a 240 is straight forward. You probably just need a tune up, and some fluids, and filters changed.

I know someone but they are in central jersey.

I bought my 240 from a garage called Lorenzutti Motors in Brooklyn. They're a Volvo specialty shop, they seem to have pretty stellar reviews. All I did was buy my 240 from them, it was minty.

Clean the throttle body, new fuel filter and new FPR. Check for vacuum leaks? My Volvo guru has found more lucrative work.

Thanks. Think it has something to do with the fuel injection system, maybe cold start injector? I have tried all of the standard stuff. BOSCH injection parts for a manual transmission 1990 240 are very hard to find so the mechanic that I used to go to, Harry's Auto Repair in Brooklyn, will not work on the fuel injection system anymore. I will try Lorenzutti Motors.

I bought my 240 from a garage called Lorenzutti Motors in Brooklyn. They're a Volvo specialty shop, they seem to have pretty stellar reviews. All I did was buy my 240 from them, it was minty.

Alejandro at Lorenzutti is my choice for all things 240 in NYC. He's knowledgeable, professional, and passionate.

You'll pay NYC prices at Lorenzutti, but that's an NYC challenge and not a Lorenzutti challenge.

I bought the 245 in Dec 2005. And while we were waiting for something, I kept noticing people bringing the staff Christmas presents. And not little presents either, someone dropped off a case of whiskey.

Another random observation - while we were there a squad of city tow trucks showed up to tow illegally parked cars. Went down the street grabbing cars left and right. And despite Lorenzutti having various cars parked on the street and on the sidewalk, none of their cars got touched. Lol.

Back