• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Aftermarket FPR for B20 MS conversion

blitzwagen

Hi all,

I've converted my 1800E to MS using the Datsun 280Z FPR everyone recommends because it has the barbed connections for the fuel lines.
I've had two fail on me ( dodgy quality) and I can't get good 280Z OEM ones in my country ( South Africa).

I do however have access to Aeromotive and Tomei fpr's. The range and options are unclear to me, is there a model that will emulate the Datsun 280z fpr ? I understand that it needs to be vacuum referenced, I'm unclear regarding the rising Vs standard rate etc.

Does anyone have any insight into this?

Thanks.

For clarity, For a boosted application the FPR should always be manifold referenced so as boost rises the injectors don't get smaller.
The fuel pressure must increase to maintain the pressure differential. At 10psi boost and 45psi fuel pressure the injector flow would be de-rated to only 35psi output.

A rising rate FPR (as I know it) raises the fuel pressure at a ratio above 1:1 and is used for making non-turbo ECUs work with boost, fooling OBDII systems. (BEGI for example)

Dirty Rick, thanks for suggestion and explanation regarding the rising rates. I hope that this will be the end of my fueling problems.

Back