• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1800 122 aftermarket coil installation

Its a bit of work, but you can take an old preferably non functioning coil assembly and gut it to make a receptacle for an aftermarket coil.

Unless you're not going for chrome, any particular reason you don't want to order the one from ebay? I've bought from this guy before, and he's delivered the goods without issue.

"The Greek" is a great seller as CSM22 mentioned. His chrome won't be as good as other chrome work (when compared to what my local shop does, for example) but it's still very good. He also has the part without chrome, just shoot him a message to ask him what he'd sell it for.

But as Eric says, not much to it. Or find a simple cylinder sleeve at your local IMS/metal supermarket.

I considered buying his coil brackets, but I don't like that the coil sits further into the firewall than the original.

If you use a gutted coil housing, the appearance is much more like stock.

I considered buying his coil brackets, but I don't like that the coil sits further into the firewall than the original.

If you use a gutted coil housing, the appearance is much more like stock.

I preferred the flush fitment, I actually took it a step further and mounted it to the backside of the firewall with a healthy dose of silicone to seal it as I didn't want the chrome in the engine bay.

^^^ Gutted original coil housing plus a strip of rubber (I think I used the piece that is usually comes with aftermarket fuel pumps) will make a Bosch coil sit tight. And it lets you feed a positive wire through the firewall- that's how I did mine.

Back