• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

940 mods

8bit

Howdy everyone,

I am new here and I am looking for what are some of the mods that people reccomend doing to a 940T. I already have maintence covered, and I will be upgrading to polly front suspension bushings as the current are shot. I was thinking of chipping (I have heard good things about thelostartof chips) or possibly micro squirting. I also want to increase the boost to 10 lbs for daily driving (MBC+calibrated boost guage), and probably a big brake upgrade (it depends on what the junkyard has).

Thanks for reading, and I will be sure to post picks once I have my car cleaned up.

What are you goals or future plans for the car? How much HP? how fast in the 1/4 mile?

You just want something a bit more fun? Do a stage zero, up the boost to 10-11psi with an MBC, get an exhaust (full 3"), upgrade the IC, swap on a 15G off a 850 and then see about getting chips and larger injectors as needed. throw in a wideband someplace in there.

https://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=166164&highlight=Staged

What are you goals or future plans for the car? How much HP? how fast in the 1/4 mile?

You just want something a bit more fun? Do a stage zero, up the boost to 10-11psi with an MBC, get an exhaust (full 3"), upgrade the IC, swap on a 15G off a 850 and then see about getting chips and larger injectors as needed. throw in a wideband someplace in there.

https://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=166164&highlight=Staged

I really just want it to be fast enough to embarras modern v6 mustangs, cameros, and the odd riced honda. Do you have an intercooler reccomendation? I was thinking about getting some chips from you if you were still selling, but do you reccomend an exhaust before that? I have seen posts about various injector colors and I will have to check in the morning, but what injectors should I be hopeing for? Thanks for the quick reply!

Mike's advice above would do just that. Dont obsess over arbitrary boost levels or power levels. Though heavy our cars do well with very little. Boost and auto trans goes a long way.

That being said don't ignore a good trans cooler and proper stage zero stuff. Have fun and enjoy.

Modern v6 mustangs have 300bhp, sure they weight more but almost anything modern is going to smoke you.

Intercooler there are tons of people here that have swapped in generic eBay units but the Do88 units are drop in and very good quality, I have one in my 945 and another on the way for my 855.

To keep up with most modern cars you really need to put a bit more effort these days then you would of used to 15+ years ago when a lot of this was more common.

Turbo upgrade be it a 15g/16t off a newer fwd Volvo or even your generic eBay small t3/t4 would be an option depending on your true end goals. Besides that the supporting mods like full exhaust, IC, larger injectors and AMM with chips to match or stand alone are a start.

Read that thread and check around but myself I would recommend IC and exhaust first, after that a wideband and some more boost-12-15psi depending on your fuel you can get. After that if you really want more then see about a turbo upgrade along with a cam to see how the car feels after that. If you still want more then more boost and more turbo just make sure all of the other parts are there to support the extra power.

Do you know how big of an intercooler I can fit without too much massaging? I know I want it to look stock from the front. What would the benifits of a turbo swap be?

I will probably just end up throwing a bit of boost, polly bushings, more suspension work (any suggestions? I was thinking of following IPD's guide), IC, big brakes (got any reccomendations?) an exhaust, and chips on my 944.

On my 945 I want 750 rwhp from a 6l ls with a turbo, but like I said that will be a fair bit down the road.

I would also recommend a larger Intercooler. There are drop in replacement units.

I swapped in a 16T turbo (taken from a V70) and the power increase according to my butt dyno was quite disappointing. It was only after I changed the IC that the larger turbo showed its full effect.
I didn't want to spend a fortune on the do88 unit, so I ordered one from KL Racing. I was amazed at the improvement it made and it's quite cheap compared to do88. I am in EU though, so I'm not sure about the shipping costs from Sweden to US.
It's literally a drop in replacement, you just need to trim the rubber in the holding brackets slightly.

I made a thread on it: http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=343520
Be aware there are two versions. If you have AC, you need the one with the outlets in the middle: https://shop.klracing.se/sv/artiklar/volvo-940-med-ac-60mm-.html

Repeat of the same advice, intercooler, free flowing exhaust and use a MBC to increase the boost as your starting point.

The poly bushes is sensible and I would consider a spring+shock upgrade. It is more fun to be faster going around a corner than straight line speed

Back