• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Texas240 was 16v but now LM7 5.3L

got sam to lay down some welds on top of the ghetto crap that was on there, I think it might have been leaking a bit before this. car feels much more crisp. really gets to 100-120 really fast now. still have some cranking issues to address, and warmup to iron out i'm sure (well, not so much cranking as afterstart), but this is entirely different from how the car arrived a few weeks ago.

pics of course:
147784427.jpg

147784428.jpg

what a bitch. I called sam over to the house because I was *certain* I was overlooking a split hose somewhere, he couldn't find anything wrong so I started feeling around the parts of the intake that we couldn't see, and felt the crack. pushed on it a bit, and the idle instantly dropped, let off, idled back up (a loose term, it was idling probably around 2500). so off came the manifold, and after family obligations for both, I stopped by to shoot the breeze and get it welded back up. Whoever welded this thing together didn't do anyone any favors by grinding down what I suspect were ****ty looking welds. the penetration on the inside was inconsistent to say the least, and this failure was unfortunately inevitable. I'm just surprised it happened when it did, surely it was getting a solid workout when the vacuum line came off the wastegate.

getting started
147784429.jpg

almost done
147784430.jpg

and around 10:30 tonight:
147784431.jpg

did a little tuning, not much though, my favorite road had deer lurking nearby and given the past history I wasn't about to push my luck on that front. smoothed things out, bumped the boost up (it creeps a little, now that I look at the logs), and this thing rides out fairly well now.

This is by far not a Yoshifab intake. Where the throttle body sits there is a cut out to allow for the TPS.

Once again, Yoshifab does not have any part in this intake. If you want to know who made it, I will pm for personal flaming

This is by far not a Yoshifab intake. Where the throttle body sits there is a cut out to allow for the TPS.

Once again, Yoshifab does not have any part in this intake. If you want to know who made it, I will pm for personal flaming

yeah, i'd like to know who to respect less for that.

I already knew.
<--- too cool

But srsly, I sure hope your car finally starts kicking some ass after all this.

This car will either breathe fire or be consumed by it, I hope the former. ;-) (if consumes becomes an option PM me)

Back