• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

16v management question

4EyedTurd

I'm wanting to run Toyota COPs on the 16v. I don't have room to run the DSM CAS on the back of the head. I plan on some version of MS. Is there another way of doing this?

I ran the Toyota COP on my 16v turbo in a wasted spark arrangement. I used the stock crank speed sensor from LH 2.4 for reference for the EMS. I ran Link though. Couldn't you do the same in MS if you stick with wasted spark?

yes you can do it the same way with ms. you don't have to have the cas, but that's not a bad thing to have either.``

There's a few guys that sell the 36-1 wheel and sensor and a guy sells the 16-1 wheel. Is that what you mean? Would those work?

A crank pulley sensor works fine, if you do wasted spark. The ECU just won't know which cycle the engine is on, so it will have to fire the cylinders in pairs.

Would wasted spark be alright with COPs and MS? In pairs as in Sequential?

The answer to your first question is yes. The second question is nonsensical. Sequential means not in pairs. In pairs means wasted spark.

Wasted spark with a coil per cylinder works just fine. You connect the coils for 1+4 to one spark output, and 2+3 to the second output.

If you don't have some sort of cam sensor or distributor, wasted spark is pretty much your only option.

I have provisions to run a distributer if need be. Ok so, 36-1 wheel on the crank driving the coils in wasted spark? Would that be better as far as a reliability and smaller package standpoint?

Back