• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

+300 whp post - Dynosheet inside

I would be worried about the spiking. If you notice the hp and tq spike at the same time. This could be caused by detonation. I wished the sheet showed a/f ratio.

Still good numbers.

We didnt have detonantion during the test, we ve seen this happens in others cars we tested with megasquirt, MS is a great USD 400 engine managment, but has a threshold, AFR was about 11.2 - 11.9 through all the entire curve and when pressure is above 15 psi, water injection was active, only water no meth and for protection, not trying to give more timing.

These results are all with pump gas from Shell.

Thanks to Volvo for the 530 8 v head and all of you for being such a great database of knowleged and share it.

Your assumption is correct, thats the oil feed, the ford block oil line isnt in the same place. The easiest way to do it i found is that way.

English is not my first language... do you mean MS isnt the problem and its a great EMS or my sentence cant be understand.

Excuseme if i cant get it.

English is not my first language... do you mean MS isnt the problem and its a great EMS or my sentence cant be understand.

Excuseme if i cant get it.

He meant nothing wrong with MS, you guys have some other issues, there are vehicles out there with impressive numbers and smooth dyno graphs.

Still a good amount of power and must be a blast to drive!

Mueller, thank you.

I know there are cars out there with impressive numbers, but the same setup with electromotive, no problem at all.

Others similar cars to mine, have the same problem, when they certain volumetric efficiency, they run out of spark!! The vb921 drivers are meant to be used in stock cars, next step is BIP373 drivers, plenum and those 3 psi of boost i couldnt applied.

I ll be uploading pictures of my plenum design pretty soon.

Ok your english may be bad, let me spell it out for you in non-sarcastic straight terms:

You're doing something wrong if the MS is causing the spikes in the dyno graph. Period. This is not up for debate.

121458479.jpg
<- MS with wheel spin on the dyno

132323074.jpg
<- ProEFI

134832404.jpg
<- ProEFI again

47202191.jpg
<- MS

82972506.jpg
<- MS untuned vs tuned (green is untuned)

95437798.jpg
<- MS

Also, turning the smoothing all the way down to get all the spikes and droops and wiggles in the suspension gives you artificially high numbers.

if it's turned up, something bad is wrong. Odds are smoothing is turned off, people like to see higher peak numbers even if they're just a quick spike above the mean. Still good power for the setup, no bones about that.

Mueller, thank you.

I know there are cars out there with impressive numbers, but the same setup with electromotive, no problem at all.

Others similar cars to mine, have the same problem, when they certain volumetric efficiency, they run out of spark!! The vb921 drivers are meant to be used in stock cars, next step is BIP373 drivers, plenum and those 3 psi of boost i couldnt applied.

I ll be uploading pictures of my plenum design pretty soon.

I agree with you. I never had much success with home-built ignition drivers, particularly built straight into the MS case.

People are saying MS is not the limitation but it's a misleading thing to say. MS is not the limitation provided you fiddle-**** with a bunch of various caps and resistors and exchange ignition components until all of the various planets align and you get just the right combination of parts. It does have limitations and those limitations are inherent. Yes there are workarounds for the limitations.

My setup never ran right with internal ignition drivers. It ran just OK when I used external OEM style Bosch Ignition Drivers from a 960. When I put the VEMS in I never had a single ignition related issue.

I agree with you. I never had much success with home-built ignition drivers, particularly built straight into the MS case.

People are saying MS is not the limitation but it's a misleading thing to say. MS is not the limitation provided you fiddle-**** with a bunch of various caps and resistors and exchange ignition components until all of the various planets align and you get just the right combination of parts. It does have limitations and those limitations are inherent. Yes there are workarounds for the limitations.

My setup never ran right with internal ignition drivers. It ran just OK when I used external OEM style Bosch Ignition Drivers from a 960. When I put the VEMS in I never had a single ignition related issue.

Ive seen plenty of bandaid fixes on the haltech, vems and aem forums as well.

I had a haltech installation that wouldnt run properly because one relay was feeding emf into the other one and it was causing hiccups in the tach signal. I had to move them 2 inches apart. I found this out by accident when I jumpered the fuel pump relay to test fuel pressure, forgot and started the car.

Back