• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

How many times can a B234f valve cover crack?

4EyedTurd

I'm finding out, FML. Already had the front left ear welded back on and just had the rear left ear crack pretty good. Days like today make me want to put the tools down for a long time. :-(

How is that happening? I've had mine on and off dozens of times without a problem. I have a spare I can sell you if you need.

Not sure, had it all snug down except the back left corner. I tried a few taps to seat the corner but it cracked.....good. How much do you want for the spare?

if you're not careful tightening them down, they can break. I've had to weld up both of mine (after years of never having a problem :shrug: )

I've broken 3 different valve covers all from over tightening them. Im about to put my forth one on.

Make sure you're scraping all the old gasket material off. The main reason I see valve covers crack is because there is residual gasket material on part of it and it won't bolt down evenly.

And the torque spec is like 8 ft/lbs on the M6 hardware, which is about what you can do with a 3" ratchet handle and a twist of the wrist.

Back