• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Oil pick feed option?

midnightsaint

Anyone ever tap into a OEM oil cooler for +t oil feed? This looks like a good spot.
7735974E-DA14-4545-B0A5-B284B212CA1B_zps1kbnrlil.jpg

(oil filter relocation arm actually)
It does look like a good spot. This on a 240? If so I'd image most don't tap it, because they don't use it. Which is because the oil cooler lines won't clear the engine mount/ subframe.

I currently have one on my 240. I bent the hard lines and run the cooler on the passenger side. I need to make new lines, as the current location sucks. But it's so easy to change the filter.

That would be a good place to tap into, but be cautious, the aluminun could strip out easily.

It is a lot easier to put a 1/4 npt to -4an oil feed port in the galley below the water pump.

It is a lot easier to put a 1/4 npt to -4an oil feed port in the galley below the water pump.

It is easier. But I don't like to take risks. I can see the alternator belt coming off and grabbing that fitting. Yeah Yeah Yeah, very little chance.

Back story, Driving my old ITA Civic around Hallet. Two Miatas in front of me get tangled up and one breaks a wheel. A piece of that wheel bounces up into my engine bay and cuts my lower radiator hose right in the middle. I did not have another hose and could not source one. Out for the rest of the race.

Point of the story, prepare for what COULD HAPPEN! With that alternator setting that low. I would rather not loose a belt and oil pressure all at one time.

Back