• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Anyone making downpipes for bigger turbos?

Dan500

Hi all I am new to the group, I?m going to be running an obx aftermarket Manifold and larger turbo (gt28-30-35) and was wondering if anyone was making or knew anywhere where I could get a downpipe that would fit without doing a custom one myself, I thought it would probably be v band so wouldn?t differ what turbos etc thanks for any replys

You might want to edit your details to include what model Volvo, and where you live, as those would be relevant pieces of information.....

Other info like what kind of outlet on the turbo? Is it flanged or V band out of the turbo? There were some people selling downpipes but the only ones I know of now is over seas like jt tuning. I made my own with some help from a local exhaust shop and machine shop. I bought pipe from Summit racing and the machine shop made me flanges. The exhaust shop made me a short stub pipe with the flared end to mate to the turbo.

Sorry, a 1996 940 estate b230fk

Turbo Is going to be a holset hx30w and will have a flange with goes to a v band for easiness, I will have a look at jt tuning thanks I was thinking of getting some v banded pipes to make a temporary downpipe to take it somewhere to have one made but maybe I’ll have to buy a Welder and do it myself

What Dave said. My first 3 inch, I bought a pipe kit and mocked it all up then tack welded everything in place. Then took it to a muffler shop and had them weld it up. Be sure to buy all same brand V bands. I mix matched some brands and ran into some headache. You dont need stainless steel kit just a good ex. pipe. Another option is you might beable to clamp it all together then have it welded or just mark it with marker. Just some ideas, hope I was some help. Oh yeh, dont forget the 02 sensor bung.

Back