• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Best bushing material for drifting

dannyman742

What is the best bushing material for drifting? I need to do my control arm bushings so I thought I might as well hit the whole car. Again, this will be a drift car and I was thinking about going poly the whole way around so it is still *relatively* comfortable to drive. How much will I be losing and what are the better options? This is a 93 244

Sideways and not caring about grip, poly all around.

When you start searching for grip, you’ll want stock rear axle bushings or spherical ones from BNE/Sellholm/M&M, and spherical for the torque rods.
Front end Poly or Delrin.

Ive replaced all my rear suspension with spherical except for the front trailing arm bushings which are poly. Front end is the delrin kit from STS machining. Poly in certain places causes binding, particularly the rear trailing arm to axle bushings. Haven't had to service my sphericals in 3.5 years of daily driving and it handles pretty sharp and predictably. Also on a welded diff, kaplhenke quick steer kit, and BC coilovers.

The car is very well sorted for the lack of power and I could keep it sideways indefinitely even when it was auto na. Weighs 2500lbs with an m47 and sts flywheel with a 3.73 and it's incredibly easy to drift, though I'm boosting now as there isn't quite enough power to deal with every corner. 3rd is too much and you can only get going so fast in 2nd, but overall, Im plenty happy with the setup and it holds up pretty well to s-chassis handling.

Back