• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

KJet to LH2.2 Question

wolfz96

So as the title says I would like to do the swap. The car is an 83 242 with the B21FT. I've been reading up on the swap and in the main article for it it says he used an 87 240 engine harness. So does that harness just plug right up to the 541 ecu and work as it should or what? I know a few pins need modification from the main relay and a couple other things but that 87 240 ecu plug is the correct fit, right?

Yes, but just buy the Dave Barton one instead of the one with the haggard wiring at the pnp.

All the Swap articles are fairly clear. Spend some time looking at wiring diagrams and it will all make sense.

Yes, but just buy the Dave Barton one instead of the one with the haggard wiring at the pnp.

I'll second this sentiment. I switched from KJet to LH2.2, which unfortunately never ran correctly. While I did source a non-rotting year harness from the junkyard, I suspect there was an intermittent issue in the wiring. You do not want to deal with intermittent electrical bull**** from an old harness.

After being plagued for months with hot-start issues, having swapped or replaced almost every component of the system aside from wiring, I tore the entire thing out, and built a Megasquirt 1 installation from scratch, which has been flawless ever since. OP - if you ever plan to do anything more performance oriented, I'd urge you to skip LH2.2 and jump straight to MS. If this is just a daily driver, then get the new Barton harness, and roll with LH.

hey butt connectors and solder joints and heatshrink make for a wonderfully reliable car. jk.

Keep stuff as factory as possible. Rainbow Spaghetti=Hooride.

I used a 740 harness which was fine and the car ran perfectly but I basically had to dis assemble the harness and run each wire individually as the 740 layout is quite different than a 240. If I did it again I'd use an 88 240 harness, unless the 87 one you have is an updated replacement without the degradable wiring.

Alright, I might end up going the Dave barton route. One more question. Is it possible to run ezk on a b21ft without drilling and tapping the block for the knock sensor?

I did a +T & LH2.2/EZK conversion on my B21 and I drilled/tapped the boss between the #1 and #2 cylinders, above the "Volvo" letters...not hard, just be careful to only drill as deep as you need for the knock sensor bolt.

Before

After

Back