• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Canepa cars and coffee 9/10/2016 in Scotts Valley, CA (near Santa Cruz)

toms_elleck

Canepa is an automotive restoration shop and museum. They specialize in restoring famous vintage road race cars, many of which are Porsches. Their cars and coffee events are unreal, because they let you walk through the entire repair shop, paint shop, two story museum, and even right up to the mechanics' toolboxes where amazing engines are taken apart on the bench. I am going to take my 242 to their next event, and it would be really cool to get a group of Volvos together, and then have a small turbobricks BBQ afterwards.

Canepa-Cars-Coffee-48-copy-1200x800.jpg

http://www.speedhunters.com/2015/06/the-new-king-of-cars-coffee/

http://canepa.com/canepa-cars-coffee-returns-for-2016/
If you've never been to Canepa, you need to try and make it out to one of their cars and coffee events. It's unbelievable.

Depending on how many of you guys might want to go, I'll either BBQ at my house or I'll reserve a park in Santa Cruz where we can BBQ and hang out near the cars. Maybe go for a drive in the Santa Cruz mountains too? If you're interested in going, please post in this thread and let me know.

Hope to see you there!

Last edited:
sounds cool... im down...

FYI theres a SLO rollin volvo thing happening in the middle of october so dont plan it the same weekend :-D

Let's make it happen.
Maybe I'll rub some motor oil on the rust on the 142 to really class it up.

YES! But consider Linseed oil instead?
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482997&start=0

im in, ill try and button up the volvo for it

Do it. It's been long enough anyway, it should be done by now. LOL

Damn, wish I could, already got something going that day.

Man! I hope it's something really good, because Canepa is beyond amazing.

sounds cool... im down...

FYI theres a SLO rollin volvo thing happening in the middle of october so dont plan it the same weekend :-D

I cant' really control the date, as Canepa has their cars and coffee events every second Saturday of the month. Do you know the date of the SLO event? Maybe those dudes would want to cruise up for Canepa? It's a bit of a drive, but it is SOOOO worth it! Would you mind letting them know?

Last edited:
Sadly, I'd rather be headed to the show. Probably better suited for a weekend though, 5 hours of driving in a day, kinda adds up, plus the following weekend is a few hours of driving as well (with some camping/drinking in between). Funds come into play.

I've seen some of the pic's though....damn.

Does this stop your move to Washington?

Thing is I already had to put moving on the shelf for a little bit when I messed up my neck, which is feeling way better.

Paid for chiro out of pocket, missed work and had a few other expenses come up. I resigned from my current job last month before the neck issue happened and my last day would be August 28th. I would not be able to make enough money between now and than at the dispensary to sit on enough cash to feel comfortable moving. I was thinking of selling the truck but selling an awesome hauler before moving quite a distance seemed stupid.

I'll see where this goes.

Back