• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Tko 600 anyone running one?

Dvroofer

I’m contemplating swapping my tko 600 out of my Chevy c-20 and running it in my 90 240 wagon behind my redblock. I’m just wondering if anyone has actually put this in a Volvo and what adapters, clutch, parts were used and what your results were.
Thanks Dave
E817392-D-66-D2-4-F82-BF5-D-161806-DA5573.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Last edited:
The mounting system is a T5 crossmember, these are made by https://www.bneshop.com/collections/240 and https://www.stsmachininginc.com/products/t56-t5-transmission-mount-for-volvo-240-v8-swap, with the Ford transmission mount. The Chevy one is too tall. I have an older tubular one from STS Machining, they now make them from plate steel.

The rest is bolted to a Quicktime bellhousing and an LS motor, thus me saying it isn't attached to a redblock

Nice, thanks.trying to weigh the costs of the complete installation with parts. Find any issues people had with the installation or fit.

I had to grind a bit out of the front of shifter hole, but if that happens to you, it's for a different reason. As far as the transmission tunnel, it fit great with no hammering but of course I have a different engine.

Also I used a hydraulic throwout bearing and Wilwood master cylinder. My car was a cable clutch, so I just got rid of that.

No problem

I have a Ford 9", Yukon Gear ring and pinion 3.89, Detroit tru trac, no driveshaft or axles yet. I also need to get a 3rd member case and parts still.

Everyone here will tell you to use an 8.8 and they are correct, I got lucky finding the 9" that already had Volvo brackets welded on. It's from an old Jags that Run 5.0 swap taken apart 20 years ago.

Most of the info is in my build thread:
https://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=345011

No problem

I have a Ford 9", Yukon Gear ring and pinion 3.89, Detroit tru trac, no driveshaft or axles yet. I also need to get a 3rd member case and parts still.

Everyone here will tell you to use an 8.8 and they are correct, I got lucky finding the 9" that already had Volvo brackets welded on. It's from an old Jags that Run 5.0 swap taken apart 20 years ago.

Most of the info is in my build thread:
https://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=345011

Cool thank you, now hopefully someone has ran one behind a redblock I can bother for some tips.

I hope that your TKO600 doesn't shift like the one I had in my 331 stroker Mustang a while ago. It was nearly impossible to shift quickly from 2nd to 3rd over 4500 RPM. I had to double clutch it all the time. I read that they revised the synchros on later examples of the tranny.

Worth a look at the TKX as well. If youre spending TKO600 money anyway.

I already purchased the tko600 from silversport transmissions last year for my 67 c20. my wife wants to drive it so I?m thinking about swapping it for an automatic. Plus the weight and power rating are more geared towards what I?m doing with my Volvo.

I hope that your TKO600 doesn't shift like the one I had in my 331 stroker Mustang a while ago. It was nearly impossible to shift quickly from 2nd to 3rd over 4500 RPM. I had to double clutch it all the time. I read that they revised the synchros on later examples of the tranny.

Thank you. I am aware of the issues that those models had. If you look up tko 600 on YouTube a bunch of shifting videos come up? explaining how to shift I guess? Kinda funny for a overpriced transmission.I was told that my transmission is the updated version. But? it still is lunky between gears, it shifts strong and exact but if you don?t get it right it goes nowhere and you loose your rpms. I think they still have an issue. I wasn?t smart when I put in in and ran the original manual clutch pedal , no hydraulic. Another reason I?d like to pull it and try it out in the Volvo.
Thanks though.

I had a TKO500 in my 240 with a redblock. I used Ben's bellhousing adapter and I modified my stock transmission crossmember. It was a fine transmission, but did not like to shift at 7000 rpm.

I had a TKO500 in my 240 with a redblock. I used Ben's bellhousing adapter and I modified my stock transmission crossmember. It was a fine transmission, but did not like to shift at 7000 rpm.

Thank you.
Great information
Interesting, I?ve heard similar things about high rpm shifting. Don?t know the total differences between the 500 and 600 but I bet it would act the same. Never had it up that high behind my smallblock that?s for sure.

Thank you.
Great information
Interesting, I?ve heard similar things about high rpm shifting. Don?t know the total differences between the 500 and 600 but I bet it would act the same. Never had it up that high behind my smallblock that?s for sure.

Input spline count can be different and gear ratios are different. I thought the TKO500 gears matched well to a turbo redblock. They'll act the same I'm sure at high RPM.

I had a tko600 behind my redblock. I didn't mind it, a little buzzy but that's what you get with a 3" aluminum single piece behind a redblock. A dampened slip yoke would have fixed that issue.

Back