• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

940 Turbo injectors on LH2.2

D.E

tvåförti
My ice racer car needs a bit more fuel. It's an '88 240 LH2.2 with a cam, 531 and header. Should make 140-150ish hp. I have a fuelrail with injectors from a B230FT '97 laying around. Can I just plop that on and go go go?

Those might be a bit on the big side, I had good luck with the pink injectors from a s80 in my hot NA setup, Part number 0280155832. I used these with the stock Lh 2.2 fpr (2.5 bar)

My ice racer car needs a bit more fuel. It's an '88 240 LH2.2 with a cam, 531 and header. Should make 140-150ish hp. I have a fuelrail with injectors from a B230FT '97 laying around. Can I just plop that on and go go go?

at that level you can just use the Volvo 850 turbo injectors and call it a day. got several sets but seem to be all over the junk yards

Are they really too big? I mean the same injectors were fitted to LPT 940's with 135hp. I have a set of brown T5 injectors too but surely those are bigger?

You can if you add the resistor pack from the 2.2 setup for the fuel injectors.

Does the 2.2 system use high impendance injectors? I don't think there's a resistor pack in an LH2.2 240.

Are they really too big? I mean the same injectors were fitted to LPT 940's with 135hp. I have a set of brown T5 injectors too but surely those are bigger?

Does the 2.2 system use high impendance injectors? I don't think there's a resistor pack in an LH2.2 240.

With the resistor packs use the low impedance injectors or the high impedance no restore packs. Sound like you already have what you need. Look up the flow rate of what you have.

The non-turbo setup uses high impedance while the turbo uses the low but has to have a resistor pack.

One other option may be to get a set of B234f injectors.

LH 2.2 green tops and 2.4 green tops basically flow the same. The later ones are supposed to flow a bit more, but from what I've been told in the real world they're so close there's no real difference. Like others said, some white or blue injectors from an S70 will net you a slight bump in flow. In my experience though, 2.2 does not adapt well to changes in FI flow rates.

Last edited:
Early injectors are 270cc and later are 300 (ish). Almost the same but 2.2 won't adjust. At least my old car wouldn't- running back to back the 940 injectors would make the car run 10.5:1 all the time. Ran fine but not good economy.
Why swap? I ran the stock injectors (357?) To 205whp at the wheels. Fitting bigger injectors will net you nothing, unless your old ones are dirty.

Early injectors are 270cc and later are 300 (ish). Almost the same but 2.2 won't adjust. At least my old car wouldn't- running back to back the 940 injectors would make the car run 10.5:1 all the time.

Isn't even 2.2 supposed to adjust to feedback from the O2 sensor? I know it doesn't learn, but what do folks do to get more power from 2.2 with bigger injectors if 2.2 just dumps more fuel willy-nilly when using them?

I'm dumb. My NA LH2.2 240 has yellow high impendance injectors so the low impendance 300cc injectors won't work. I guess I'll just swap the FPR to get 3bar and some more flow.

I think it's leaning out a bit on top, I'd rather have it a bit rich. I don't care about fuel consumption or anything like that as it is not a street car. It also has no cat so it won't kill that.

Back